Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bert484

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Running Safari 6 on ML and when I go to Pandora.com, nothing happens, then finally a message about it "taking too long to open". I've tried re-installing Flash Player, cleared out my Cache and History and still nothing. this has been happening for a couple weeks.
Can access with no problem on my wife's Win7 PC.

Help,

Bert

bert484

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Doesn't anyone have a problem loading Pandora? Is it only me? If so, what could be the problem? I've deleted the pandora cookie before going to website, but same old problem.

bert

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Pandora is working fine for me--Safari 6 on 10.8.1. The website opens with no problem, and I was able to log in and start streaming.

Try it with a different browser, or try completely resetting Safari (Safari-->Reset Safari, and check all the boxes).

bert484

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
I've done the Safari Reset. It works fine on my wife's PC. Still won't load to sign-in screen. Not running any anti-virus and I've re-installed Java. Seems to only started happening either when Java was updated or when I updated to ML.

bert

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Pandora doesn't work for me on Safari. It just keeps spinning and trying to load. I think its never worked (Lion).

bert484

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
I know it worked fine a month ago. That's about the time I upgraded to ML. Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one. Sure with someone had an answer. Maybe it's a setting I've got turned on that I'm not aware of.

bert

ljf5000

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2007
ClickToFlash

Have you enabled ClickToFlash in Safari?

I had a similar-sounding problem with Click To Play in Chrome (Chrome's equivalent feature). Disabling the feature for pandora.com fixed the problem.

bert484

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Have you enabled ClickToFlash in Safari?

I had a similar-sounding problem with Click To Play in Chrome (Chrome's equivalent feature). Disabling the feature for pandora.com fixed the problem.

How do you disable "click to flash"?

bert

ljf5000

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2007
How do you disable "click to flash"?

bert

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that plugin isn't used anymore.

I guess a plugin called ClickToPlugin may be present--check your Extensions.

A couple other options:

from the Pandora blog:
In Safari, select Safari -> Preferences -> Security. Under "Web Content," make sure both "Enable plug-ins" and "Enable JavaScript" are checked. Also, under "Accept cookies," make sure "Never" is un-checked.

from the Apple support communities site:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3937089?start=0&tstart=0

other than that, I'm probably useless. Sorry.

bert484

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Well, I'm now wondering if I've got a corrupt Flash file in my library. If I sign out and then reboot as Guest, it works. Any idea how to fix this one? i've uninstalled Flash 11.4 and re-installed it four time!

Thanks,

bert

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Well, I'm now wondering if I've got a corrupt Flash file in my library. If I sign out and then reboot as Guest, it works. Any idea how to fix this one? i've uninstalled Flash 11.4 and re-installed it four time!

Thanks,

bert

Have you tried deleting the Flash cookies? Go to System Preferences and click on Flash Player (in the Other section). In the Storage tab, select "Delete All", then go to the Advanced tab and Delete All there as well.

BrendenGall

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
I'm also having some issues with Pandora

It loaded fine for about 3 months then one morning it wouldn't load. Ever since then, about 5 weeks, it hasn't loaded. No specific reason I can find either. I changed nothing and I've reset cache and computer and memory and history... Very irritating! Help me! Email me your best suggestion at

xlxdominatexlx@yahoo.com

Thanks, Brenden

trackmom66

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
Pandora won't load in Safari

Used Pandora without a hitch in Safari, then suddenly it wouldn't load. Reset, refreshed, etc. and nothing. Downloaded the latest Adobe Flashplayer and restarted Safari. It works now. Hope it helps.

tlaurent

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
Private Browsing

If private browsing is activated, pandora will not load. It will remain on the blue screen with no option to log in. Hope this helps for any future encounters with this issue!
-TL

canoad

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
pandora not working

I just upgraded to Yosemite and now Pandora does not load. It says "In order to use Pandora internet radio, please install Adobe Flash (v.10 or later).

I have the latest Flash so that's not the case Pandora does work under the latest Safari. I have tried that.

Can any one help, please

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.