Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdndk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Hi I have an iPhone 4s CDMA with a Gevey ultra S and after I unlocked the phone, it worked on T-mobile for bout 6 hours then it gave me a "sim faliure", then i took out the sim and put it back in and it shows "No Service", when i take out the sim the phone doesnt indicate "No SIM", instead it stays on "No Service", after multiple tries of turning off and removing/putting back in the sim the phone worked on T-mobile again for another 6 hours then the same problem recurred and im having trouble making it work again. I am running on iOS 5.1.1 can anyone help me with this problem?

musicloverdenon

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
India
Try this
http://iosbasics.com/?p=169

It's very important to disable CDMA modem before trying to unlock any Sprint or Verizon iPhone 4S. Else, constantly it'll start looking for CDMA network and drop the GSM network. The reason is, CDMA network is configured to be preferred on iPhone 4S coming from these CDMA network providers.

kdndk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Try this
http://iosbasics.com/?p=169

It's very important to disable CDMA modem before trying to unlock any Sprint or Verizon iPhone 4S. Else, constantly it'll start looking for CDMA network and drop the GSM network. The reason is, CDMA network is configured to be preferred on iPhone 4S coming from these CDMA network providers.

I followed instructions and did the above and now it says "iPhone is not Activated, contact your carrier at 1800... from another phone if this problem continues to occur" but the phone seems activated, and now it shows up a few bars but does not indicate a carrier. When i tried calling any number I hear "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, please hold". what should i do? :confused:

musicloverdenon

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
India
It means phone is still connecting to Verizon network and ignoring your T Mobile sim card. May be you missed few files. Make sure that you delete all those files related to Verizon network mentioned in the article. Also, after deleting those files, your phone might prompt for a carrier file update. Say no to that.
Check your gevey with any AT&T iPhone 4S if possible to make sure that it's in proper working condition.

kdndk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
It means phone is still connecting to Verizon network and ignoring your T Mobile sim card. May be you missed few files. Make sure that you delete all those files related to Verizon network mentioned in the article. Also, after deleting those files, your phone might prompt for a carrier file update. Say no to that.
Check your gevey with any AT&T iPhone 4S if possible to make sure that it's in proper working condition.

Is it ok if i restore my iphone and do all the steps from the begining? will i be able to activate the iphone using the gevey sim?

musicloverdenon

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
India
Is it ok if i restore my iphone and do all the steps from the begining? will i be able to activate the iphone using the gevey sim?

Ofcourse you'll be able to. Since you have a Verizon phone. While deleting carrier profile files, look for Vodafone Netherlands files as well and delete. Coz both of these network has same configuration. If you delete Verizon file and leave Vd NL file, phone will connect to Verizon through Vd NL configuration file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.