Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fitworldmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
My son has an old aol username for his iTunes. Its letting him log in on his computer, but not on his iPhone 4. It keeps saying username or password is invalid. I reset the phone today and I think that has some thing to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm dealing with or what we can do?
thank you!

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
What are you trying to do by logging on to the iPhone? If you're trying to make an iTunes purchase on the phone, go to Settings -> Store and ensure that the correct account info is in there. If that's the issue, sounds like maybe another account is on the iPhone so the "old" password wont work.

fitworldmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
yeah, we're trying to make a purchase, and we have gone to the "settings", and then to "store" , and thats when it prompts for the username and password. We put that in and it says username or password is incorrect. But the funny thing is , is that it still works on the iTunes in on his computer....
thanks for your feedback!

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
You didn't say so but when you go to Store (on the phone) and the Apple ID is displayed at the bottom, is it the new/correct one? If not, sign out then sign in with the one you want to use. I hope I'm helping!

Dennis187

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
below you
It's case sensitive, though I'm sure that's not the problem. Wonder if max number of devices allowed has been reached, if so that might be causing it.

If so, go into iTunes on the computer, click the Store menu, and View My Account. Then click Deauthorize All.

Just an idea worth a shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.