Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:08 AM   #26
jgbr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolamb View Post
Hey guys, can you keep me updated on the queue length please, I'm going to arrive at Princesshay at 7am, is that OK do you think?
Hows it going/go
jgbr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:53 AM   #27
bat717
macrumors regular

Yay, got there at 6 am, was out by 9.15am, back in plenty of time for my appointment. The queues were nowhere near as long as I was expecting, although what they're like now, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had some in stock though. Had a great time in the line, the people around me were lovely, and the crazy Apple man was cool, and it was my hand-knitted pink hat he was wearing! And the free coffee was very much needed and appreciated! The number of times they went round was amazing, reckon I could have had at least 5 cups if I'd wanted!

Great experience, hope everyone got what they wanted!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:19 AM   #28
gavinfabl
macrumors regular

Just back from trip to Apple Store Exeter, Devon. They opened early at 8am, and had a small queue of scalpers. Anyway, they have plenty of stock of iPhone 5s which I was told would last all day. The store had no cases, but plenty micro USB adapters and lightning USB cables.

I would say there appeared no rush by normal customers. Also Exeter has all the phone shops and every one of them had stock too. Carphonewarehouse has 2 shops. Both had screen protectors and cases. Check both as they have slightly different range of cases. Also I found the other mobile phone shops has some other cases too plus screen protectors.

My wife and I looked at the white. I already have the black. We both felt the black was better colour, as the white is more silver than white.

Sat, 22nd sept.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:12 PM   #29
jgbr
macrumors 6502

Wonder what I will be like Monday/Tuesday stock levels? My order is still 3 weeks away
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:12 PM   #30
gavinfabl
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbr View Post
Wonder what I will be like Monday/Tuesday stock levels? My order is still 3 weeks away
Plenty of stock. Seriously not had the rush at the Apple store. It's available in plenty everywhere.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:11 AM   #31
jgbr
macrumors 6502

problem is it takes 5-7 days to return money from apple which is annoying
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:15 AM   #32
GarryBacon
macrumors regular

After all the not queuing I need to go back to Exeter to get a new iPhone. You can press the screen in slightly at the bottom left and it clearly shouldn't do it. Called apple and they told me that's the easiest way.
GarryBacon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:28 AM   #33
jgbr
macrumors 6502

can you ask how many phones they have in stock please
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:30 AM   #34
GarryBacon
macrumors regular

Quote:
can you ask how many phones they have in stock please
They don't open until 10:30. I'll be going then and I'll ask. Loads if anything is as accurate if its anything to go by with the comment before.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:32 AM   #35
jgbr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryBacon View Post
They don't open until 10:30. I'll be going then and I'll ask. Loads if anything is as accurate if its anything to go by with the comment before.
Just a shame i cant get money back quicker from cancelling order or walk in with my online order and say give me a phone lol
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:34 AM   #36
GarryBacon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Just a shame i cant get money back quicker from cancelling order or walk in with my online order and say give me a phone lol
Yeah doesn't work like that. If you know your getting your money back can you not just buy another one?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:42 AM   #37
jgbr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yeah doesn't work like that. If you know your getting your money back can you not just buy another one?
No I need the money to come back first.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:49 AM   #38
jgbr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Rang them, none in stock, do the online reserve thing she said on the phone LOL.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Tags
exeter, iphone, princesshay