Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gussic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Hi Guys & Girls,

Have a small issue, which I was wondering if anyone else had come across.

I have a rMBP and 10.8.1, and am noticing that when it goes to sleep, whilst it fetches emails etc periodically, it doesn't seem to back up to the time capsule that i have at home (even when its on A/C Power...

Any ideas?

Cheers

WaLLy3K

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Head into System Preferences > Time Machine and see if there are any error messages. If you have the TM menu bar icon enabled, attempt a manual backup and see if that is successful.

You'll also want to go into TM options and see if "Backup while on Battery Power" is selected or not.

gussic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
I have got backup whilst on battery power enabled, and when the computer is switched on it backs up fine, no issues, just doesn't do it whilst in powernap....

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have got backup whilst on battery power enabled, and when the computer is switched on it backs up fine, no issues, just doesn't do it whilst in powernap....

I have same issue I have enabled powernap and my rMBP went into sleep mode , powernap seems not started time machine backup to external USB HD???
I have read other thread about email notification sent after backup is completed but I never got anything at all??

Is powernap a completed joke? :apple:

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
As far as I know powernap will not power external USB devices. It works only if you backup flash storage over WiFi. It will not backup from or to any revolving media.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.