Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 9, 2012, 03:19 PM   #26
filmbufs
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
To filmbufs you can still use iWeb as I still do. I have iLife 11 or whatever was the last one to have iWeb on the disc which is how I have it installed on my October 2011 iMac. I just put in the iLife disc and installed it and then installed all my templets from other vendors that I had purchased over the last few years and everything still works great.

I know someday it might not but for now it's all good. If you have it on disc I would just install it and use it like you have been.
Thanks, Dodger. Great to know it will still work with iLife upgrades. Yay!
filmbufs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2012, 05:42 PM   #27
haydn!
macrumors 6502

Keep an eye on http://www.coffeecup.com/osx/

Coffee Cup create some awesome WYSIWYG software for web design. They've recently started putting out OSX versions and my guess is it's only a matter of time before they launch an OSX version of Visual Site Designer, their flagship web-builder.
haydn! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:27 PM   #28
Mattjeff
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Mattjeff
This is a very stupid question i'm sure but... when did iWeb 3 come out?? I have been using 2.04 since... forever. I agree with the poster that I have been unable to find a more well built application then iWeb even given how old it is. Should I move from 2 to 3? any thoughts or comments on this?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:51 AM   #29
saltspringer
macrumors newbie

I really, really hope you guys aren't using iWeb for anything critical, because when it breaks, it breaks bad. I had the misfortune of trying to troubleshoot an iWeb site that had started to screw up, and there was no fixing it.

I think Apple had some very good reasons for discontinuing it. There's got to be better quick 'n dirty website creation programs out there.
saltspringer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:51 AM   #30
kleen
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to kleen
Missing iweb but wordpress here I come

I agree with your comments about iweb. I miss it terribly!!! I have had to decide what to do next. For me I think I'll try wordpress. I will mainly be putting my artwork up and links to professional business services. We'll see. It would be SO much easier if iweb would return.
kleen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:19 PM   #31
adamvk
macrumors 65816

Adobe Muse is OUTSTANDING.

I'm a graphic designer with no knowledge of coding, so I like you used iWeb to make some crude sites. It's not free, but if you do a lot of web, worth it in my opinion.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development