Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
It pisses me off that I cant save audio notes sent to me via whatsapp or i dont know where they are saved, also it would be nice if I could send voice memos I made, I mean cmon its simple recording item... I dont want app suggestions aple should have this already. To save a recording I actually send it to my email from whatsapp, add to iTunes library then sync or dropbox it... So frustrating, audio notes should be saved inevitably. IOS 6 better fix this

jelew1985

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
It pisses me off that I cant save audio notes sent to me via whatsapp or i dont know where they are saved, also it would be nice if I could send voice memos I made, I mean cmon its simple recording item... I dont want app suggestions aple should have this already. To save a recording I actually send it to my email from whatsapp, add to iTunes library then sync or dropbox it... So frustrating, audio notes should be saved inevitably. IOS 6 better fix this

This is not an Apple issue. This is an issue with Whatsapp. They chose to not implement the said features. There are APIs available that they can utilize (unless a developer can correct me if I am wrong). So, if I were you, I would make a complaint to Whatsapp.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
This is not an Apple issue. This is an issue with Whatsapp. They chose to not implement the said features. There are APIs available that they can utilize (unless a developer can correct me if I am wrong). So, if I were you, I would make a complaint to Whatsapp.

Ok explain why I cant save and send voice memos which is an apple thing. Anything sent on whatsapp is saved except audio notes because they have no place to be saved on thenphone whereas im sure on other non apple phones that have a place such as sony or android's im sure it stays.

jelew1985

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Ok explain why I cant save and send voice memos which is an apple thing. Anything sent on whatsapp is saved except audio notes because they have no place to be saved on thenphone whereas im sure on other non apple phones that have a place such as sony or android's im sure it stays.

They are probably not using the right API that utilizes the file sharing feature of iTunes. That would at least allow them to store the audio files where iTunes can retrieve them.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
They are probably not using the right API that utilizes the file sharing feature of iTunes. That would at least allow them to store the audio files where iTunes can retrieve them.

Apple doesn't allow songs or anything to be sent Via Bluetooth and music can only be entered on the device without 3rd party apps using Itunes itself, Whatsapp is universal, not just for apple. If they made a place like photos but called recordings or audio notes then that would solve the case, A place where I could record my ugly voice and keep it and send it via email or whatsapp or whatsoever :/ I get audio notes such as voice messages that I want to save so I usually email them, how stupid is that... then to do the whole Itunes thing takes me around 10 min -_- annoyin...

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland

You can share voice memos you've recorded yourself. Otherwise, use an app like HulloMail to share voice messages. Seems a bit confusing though, why would you want to do this?

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
You can share voice memos you've recorded yourself. Otherwise, use an app like HulloMail to share voice messages. Seems a bit confusing though, why would you want to do this?

Say sometimes my gf sends me a voice note saying something or singing and i want to keep it for everyday :)

joeytst

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
Audio Note

Apple doesn't allow songs or anything to be sent Via Bluetooth and music can only be entered on the device without 3rd party apps using Itunes itself, Whatsapp is universal, not just for apple. If they made a place like photos but called recordings or audio notes then that would solve the case, A place where I could record my ugly voice and keep it and send it via email or whatsapp or whatsoever :/ I get audio notes such as voice messages that I want to save so I usually email them, how stupid is that... then to do the whole Itunes thing takes me around 10 min -_- annoyin...

How do you do the email and itunes thing? When i press and hold on the audio note (their most updated version) , i get 2 options : Delete or Forward. Forward is only to whatsapp friends. There's no other options. I'm really frustrated and would like to know any way possible to save my audio notes.
I think what you're saying is the audio message thing, cos that can be forwarded via email, as for the one im mentioning, there's no option. :mad:

joeytst

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
Ifoundaway!

I FOUND A WAY! :D
I emailed the conversation, and selected the attach media option.
I'm guessing that's what you did?
But i'm so happy now! I've got the whole conversation saved, together with the audio messages. :):):):p:p:p

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
How do you do the email and itunes thing? When i press and hold on the audio note (their most updated version) , i get 2 options : Delete or Forward. Forward is only to whatsapp friends. There's no other options. I'm really frustrated and would like to know any way possible to save my audio notes.
I think what you're saying is the audio message thing, cos that can be forwarded via email, as for the one im mentioning, there's no option. :mad:

If you make an audio note on whatsapp, you can forward it via whatsapp or email :) that's how :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.