Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

autobahns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Hey ya'll,

Pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet, but Messages for Mac has this feature enabled now in 10.8.2 (beta) paired with iOS 6.

Works smoothly!

Screen%20Shot%208-30-12%20at%202.31.41%20PM.png

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Im sure it probably has been posted already. However, does it work well? This is one feature I am really looking forward too if it does work!

autobahns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Im sure it probably has been posted already. However, does it work well? This is one feature I am really looking forward too if it does work!

I saw that it was posted regarding phone numbers now being active on iPad's, etc; anyway- yes it works wonderfully. So far there has been no error, and the messages i've sent to friends as tests / their responses have come in without problem!

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I've been using 10.8.2 for a few days now and the Messages Unification of the phone number has been perfect. As soon as I registered my number and changed my caller id on both my mac and i4, it has been up and running. I even received the message below within seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_3911.PNG
    IMG_3911.PNG
    526.5 KB · Views: 144

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Is it possible for non-Mac devs to install this beta? It's a feature I've wanted for some time and was actually disappointed it wasn't part of 10.8(.1)

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted

Scott90 said:
Is it possible for non-Mac devs to install this beta? It's a feature I've wanted for some time and was actually disappointed it wasn't part of 10.8(.1)

The problem is, you need iOS6 as well (from my understanding... Or perhaps that's just for the iPads and itouch).

Like you, this was one of the features I really looked forward to when ML was released. I was more than disappointed when it wasn't part of the initial release.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
A good ole-fashioned internet search worked for me. :)

I did that, but couldn't find anything. I found a link o the download, but I don't want to try it and the find out that it doesn't even work.
Wirelessly posted

The problem is, you need iOS6 as well (from my understanding... Or perhaps that's just for the iPads and itouch).

Like you, this was one of the features I really looked forward to when ML was released. I was more than disappointed when it wasn't part of the initial release.
I have iOS 6, so that's not the problem.

steinbch

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
I did that, but couldn't find anything. I found a link o the download, but I don't want to try it and the find out that it doesn't even work.

You can install 10.8.2 without a dev account...there are some bugs though...obviously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.