Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like the new app store results layout?

• Yes

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jomirrivera

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
This was updated a little while ago and I'm having trouble getting use to it but I think I'll like it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 708

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Looks fine on the iPad. It's REALLY bad on the iPhone:

Pj0cp.jpg

There's no way to easily scroll through a bunch of results. You can only see one at a time now. Terrible.

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Strange, I'm getting this with new iPad and iPhone filters.

maybe its just of the apps you own? i honestly don't know but i kinda like the layout on both iPhone and iPad even though i know it narrows the view field in the iphone version. the solution to this proble i think would be to have the ability to rotate to portrait and boom cover flow with names below each icon and when you tap it it flips over for details

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
The current style was fine.. just let us filter through more details. But this is a pain, i can't believe the UI/UX lead who approved of this..

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
On iPad it makes sense not too sure about it on the iPhone unless they testing it on the new iPhone screen.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
One we're still in beta, and they are just running a trial of it.

However; Knowing Apple it will probably stick, they've already done all their usability studies internal already.

Whenever I have ever searched for an app, its always been the first 1-3 results, I cant think of a time when Ive scrolled and scrolled. Its a clean fresh layout, that wont be troublesome except in very rare circumstances.

My .02

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
It's a waste of space on the iPad screen, looks bad on iPhone...personally I prefer the old style better

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Strange, I'm getting this with new iPad and iPhone filters.

Same for me! Does this mean they may let us start buying iPad apps, from the iPhone...

ALSO, not all of the Universal apps show the + sign. I did a test with Foursquare, it doesn't show it, and the Podcast and Remote app in your screenshot don't show the + Universal sign.

Odd!

edit: Neither does the Facebook app when I search 'facebook', but further down the list, Bejeweled Blitz shows the [+] universal mark.

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2009
that is a terrible way to search. its displaying the same amount of information as before, only with one app per entire screen. That is incredibly inefficient anda complete waste of space. Not to mention its ugly.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
from my point of view (app developer), the changes is bad.
Bad for discovery I mean, it would only benefit the highest rank app since people won't bother scrolling so many pages to see the apps.

bengtc

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
New search results on the iPhone is just terrible. Cook needs to get his head out of his ass.

MDTyKe

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Hawaii, USA
It wouldn't be so bad if it worked properly.

When I swipe sideways, more often than not it gets 'stuck' at say 19 out of 200. I can't go back to anything < 19, and if I swipe enough times it starts showing negative numbers..

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
The search is horrible.

The other bugs, hopefully they'll be ironed out prior to release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.