Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Controls are improving
Graphics are catching up
Online Multiplayer
Spend literally hours in some games

Mobile Gaming is getting more "hardcore" Gameloft games are simply stronger proof of this, and also companies like EA and the Infinity Blade guys.

Mobile Gaming is rising, consoles best be watching out.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Controls are improving
Graphics are catching up
Online Multiplayer
Spend literally hours in some games

Mobile Gaming is getting more "hardcore" Gameloft games are simply stronger proof of this, and also companies like EA and the Infinity Blade guys.

Mobile Gaming is rising, consoles best be watching out.

They probably are. That's why nintendo has the 3ds and Sony has that other thing. But you're also probably talking about phone games, so maybe they better keep worrying...edit: duh! you put this in the iphone folder so of course you mean phone games. nevermind...

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I don't think there is any denying anymore. Mobile Gaming is getting better.
Of course it is -- and not just now. It has been a constantly evolving matter and will continue to be so.

However, that doesn't mean that it will entirely replace consoles or desktop/laptop gaming. Mobile devices will always have to make compromises for mobility.

schaffinosx

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
Mobile gaming is definitely getting better, yes. There are an array of games that are short, simple, and to the point, and a growing library of games that are more complex and PC / console-esque. A lot of my friends enjoy the more complex titles and I can see why: the graphics are getting better, the controls aren't odd, uncomfortable and unnatural, and of course, they're fun!

That said, I'm still a console gamer at heart. Nothing beats a nice control-in-hand or some Kinect / Move action. I barely have time for gaming as it is, so when I decide to plop myself down somewhere and boot up a game, I want to do it in the best way possible, which is still on consoles and computers.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Square Enix have the best games!!! Chaos Rings II is beyond awesome and for online order and chaos online rocks as well, as well as all their offline games, but look at pictures before getting any :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.