Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeysarks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Detroit

This is a vid of all the clips from the last campaign related Vidoc, looks amazing for the old Xbox:) The full 10 minute video it comes from is also very cool, and can be found on Gamespots YouTube channel, check it out as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
It's one of the best if not the best Ego-Shooter Series on consoles! Unfortunately I have no Xbox 360. I played Halo 1 + 2 on Xbox and both games have a great epic story. Halo is what PC gamers have in Half-Life.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I loved the first Halo, and I trudged through 2 and played as much of 3 and Reach as I could stomach. Got a good feeling for 4 though, it looks more Metroid Prime-ish in terms of art direction. So long that it's more about playing about in a massive world and less driving-between-outposts-all-the-time I'll be happy :).

Should have it by Saturday.

Halo games are one series that I don't read the review scores for. It's like with GTA4, you just end up with cheeky backhanders and older fanboys that skew everything and hype it up to oblivion.

AlyseM

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
IGN rates just about everything too high...I used to trust their reviews, but now it's just fanfare with little critique...

I'm so sick of Halo as a series and franchise. Every Time they are like this is the last one we swear. And then there is another. No I will not be buying it. I demand more originality. You can't just repackage the same thing and sell it to me a bunch of times.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Mine shipped and will be here on Tuesday. I'm excited.

This atleast is a new company making the game and not Bungie.

I don't think Microsoft said it was the last game.... more like Bungie did.

343 Studios made this one.

joeysarks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Detroit
The series has been completely redone now. The multiplayer has been overhauled to appeal to the newer generation of gamers. Graphics have had a huge overhaul and I'm shocked it even runs on the 360. Campaign feels much more like a movie now. Spartan OPs is like a TV series, continuing the campaign until the next game. There will be 5 levels every week for 10 weeks, that part is free and the may have more DLC for that later on.

This is the first game in the new trilogy, and I think u should try taking another look, cuz they've really outdone themselves. I think Bungie was just sick of Halo and working for Microsoft, as u can see by the last crappy Halo they released before giving the rights back to Microsoft and splitting to Activision. And they're making an FPS shooter for Activision to compete with Halo anyways lol so weird:/

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
My copy shipped this morning and should actually be here on Monday :D

I'm cautiously optimistic that this'll be a good 'un.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My copy shipped this morning and should actually be here on Monday :D

I'm cautiously optimistic that this'll be a good 'un.

Same, I used a site that usually dispatch days in advance so you get the game the day before launch. But they're being cautious with Halo 4 for whatever reason, it launches tomorrow but won't get any post till Monday.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Same, I used a site that usually dispatch days in advance so you get the game the day before launch. But they're being cautious with Halo 4 for whatever reason, it launches tomorrow but won't get any post till Monday.

shopto?

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Noooooo, my copy didn't show with the rest of the post.

Tomorrow it is then...

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada

I think some games they get cautious because if you are caught playing on Xbox Live you can be banned.

I think Halo is one of those games.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
So far it's pretty good. There's a lot more variety in this than previous games (so far). I don't get why they keep bigging up the main character though, every line regarding him is spoken with such strength, you can imagine them crying just by uttering his name. It's the most artificial deification I've ever seen in a game.

The graphics do look amazing. The FOV is a little narrow (if you're used to playing PC games).

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Already got it, already beat it. On second playthrough.

The release date got broken out here by three days. I noticed them in the protected cage by the cashiers and casually asked if I could get a copy trying not to hyperventilate in the process- I was stunned that they actually gave me one. Paid for it and ran out of the store as fast as I could, when I went back the next day to buy something else they'd already been pulled.

The graphics are fantastic, a true indication of what you can do when you write your own game engine and push the limits. The character animation is top notch and I swear the facial animations are better then anything I've seen in any game. Voice acting was amazing. The story was OK, you should probably read Halo: Cryptum and Halo: Primordium if you want to know more about the history stuff (the books really sucked by the way, but that's what Halo 4 ties into). The ending was seriously anticlimactic/disappointing and a bit whacked though.

I still think Halo 1 was the best game, as far as story goes. For everything else, Halo 4 is definitely the best of them all. But the graphics and audio, my god, those two together basically override any other shortcoming. I would even say that it has to be one of the best looking 360 games ever produced.

-SC

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
^^I think one of the only games that should receive a 10/10 is Tetris:p

I can make a case for Zelda OOT

I think IGN is scared to give 10's now thats why its not a 10.

lol my buddy got his a day early from release. Was playing it yesterday afternoon. Mine doesn't arrive until Thursday :(. And I ordered before him!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Already got it, already beat it. On second playthrough.

The release date got broken out here by three days. I noticed them in the protected cage by the cashiers and casually asked if I could get a copy trying not to hyperventilate in the process- I was stunned that they actually gave me one. Paid for it and ran out of the store as fast as I could, when I went back the next day to buy something else they'd already been pulled.

The graphics are fantastic, a true indication of what you can do when you write your own game engine and push the limits. The character animation is top notch and I swear the facial animations are better then anything I've seen in any game. Voice acting was amazing.

The graphics are purdy aren't they, I know it's not 1080p but there's a lot of AA to smooth out the lower resolution. It's the lighting that does it for me, it's all a bit "in your face" (like they took visual inspiration from JJ Abrams' Star Trek) but does really add to the sense of being in the game.
Facial animations are good, but have you played LA Noire? It puts everything else to shame.

And I totally agree on Halo 1. Out of all the Halo games I played (2,3,4 and Reach), it's still by far the most original, characteristic and engaging.

Love the new enemies and the weapons they bring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.