Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abk2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Guys,

I just replaced the right hinge of my Macbook Air from 2008, and completely reassembled the macbook. But right now the display shows a vague screen, as if lines are missing (see attachment).

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_0854_2.jpg
    IMG_0854_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 159

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Forgive me because I'm not terribly familiar with the assembly, but did you disconnect a ribbon cable? An improperly seated cable could probably cause that.

abk2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Forgive me because I'm not terribly familiar with the assembly, but did you disconnect a ribbon cable? An improperly seated cable could probably cause that.

I indeed check this ribbon cable multips times, but doesn't seem to be this issue, also doesn't change the view or anything...

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I indeed check this ribbon cable multips times, but doesn't seem to be this issue, also doesn't change the view or anything...

Okay, well they can be a tad confusing. Are you sure you're reseating it properly? Can it be disconnected on both ends? A loose connection is the only cause I can think of for something like this.
Alternatively, maybe it was damaged during the repair?

Last edited:

abk2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Okay, well they can be a tad confusing. Are you sure you're reseating it properly? Can it be disconnected on both ends? A loose connection is the only cause I can think of for something like this.
Alternatively, maybe it was damaged during the repair?

On the display side I did not disconnect the cable so don't think the issue will be in there. On the logic board side I checked both the cable and the socket, but both seem to be ok.

Is the only possibility the cable? Or maybe pressure on the display could have caused this during reassembling? Or even a logic board issue?

Thanks a lot for thinking with me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.