Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Do you guys think that there would be an adapter for these? You can't exactly pop out the cable without paying the dealership hundreds of dollars to rip apart your car to change the iPod cord. Also knowing me, the dealer will just tell you to buy a new car for the ones with the new cord (not economically feasible for me right now at all!)

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
i'm 99.99% even if Apple don't make their own £10/$10 old-to-new dock adaptor accessory, there are a ton of accessory makers that will and are in the process of making something to fix this problem.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
^This. There were dock adapters when firewire charging was eliminated. This really wouldn't be all that different of a situation.

You can't exactly pop out the cable without paying the dealership hundreds of dollars to rip apart your car to change the iPod cord.
Sure you can. People do such things all the time.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Do you guys think that there would be an adapter for these? You can't exactly pop out the cable without paying the dealership hundreds of dollars to rip apart your car to change the iPod cord. Also knowing me, the dealer will just tell you to buy a new car for the ones with the new cord (not economically feasible for me right now at all!)

No, there will never ever be an adapter for that situation. Never ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.