Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camsoft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Brighton, Sussex, UK.
Anyone else wondering if there actually will be an iPhone event on September 12th? All the rumour sites are saying it's all but confirmed but that's just it. It has not officially been confirmed and Apple is leaving it a bit late?

Is it normally for Apple to keep these events secret until the week before the event?

leoneedees

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
Media event invitations should pretty much go out this week. If going by the past look towards either tomorrow (Tuesday) or more likely Wednesday to snag some of the spotlight from the Motorola and Nokia events.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Anyone else wondering if there actually will be an iPhone event on September 12th? All the rumour sites are saying it's all but confirmed but that's just it. It has not officially been confirmed and Apple is leaving it a bit late?

Is it normally for Apple to keep these events secret until the week before the event?

It is confirmed for the most part. Many major publications "confirmed" it. This was a controlled leak by Apple PR. They do this kind of thing every time an event is coming up. It always happens. So yes, it is confirmed because their "sources" are actually Apple PR themselves. So yes, expect an event on the 12th with invitations going out on the 4th or the 5th.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

It's a press event, not a public one.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
according to Boy Genius of bgr.com invites will be sent out tomorrow

https://twitter.com/boygenius/status/242603087087415296

I hope so. Even though I know its coming and a new iPhone is right around the corner, it always makes me feel better when I see an invite saying "lets talk iPhone", or something to that affect.

Just starting to geek out, that's all. Always starts to kick in right around the time :apple: invites are expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.