Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renodude18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Lebanon, TN
Hey everyone, wasn't really sure where to post this but I'm needing help with an old iPod touch 2nd generation running the highest iOS 4.2.1 I believe. It's been restarting as in randomly going to the apple logo and going back to the home screen. It does this when opening or playing apps downloaded from the app store but only when it's on battery. I figured it was the battery at first but I can run all the stock apps like iPod/music till the battery dies or goes red. But running on battery any none apple app or app downloaded from the app store restarts the iPod. I've Restored it and it's more than just one app, it's all of them from the app store but only on battery. I don't know how to fix it ans would like to get this working as last I knew it was a great iPod. I haven't used it much since Ive moved to an iPhone for music but the iPod has more space for music than my iPhone. Sorry for the editing, typed this late on my iPhone.
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.