Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traehekat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Thread says it all - any advantage to buying a Macbook Pro at one store or another?

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
Good question. With apple you get more options but not as good extended warranty with the exclusion of accidental damage. With Best Buy you have limited options, better return period (30 days unless reward silver then 60 days), and accidental can be added to the extended warranty.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Thread says it all - any advantage to buying a Macbook Pro at one store or another?

I do my purchases either from Amazon, Best Buy or Apple. Amazon is the cheapest (normally). I can get free financing if I go thru Best Buy. Apple gives me a 6-8% discount because of who I work for. I pretty much use Amazon because it is the cheapest, but I have purchased thru Best buy when they have a sale (I bought my 13" base mac book air over a year ago because it was on sale for $200 off + 12 months free financing). I only purchase from Apple when I need a custom order such as my 2011 Macbook Pro (since I wanted the hi-res display and SSD).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.