Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Volume-Purchase-Program-Apple-Developer.png

Apple has expanded its Volume Purchase Program to nine new countries, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United Kingdom. The program allows enterprise businesses and educational institutions to purchase and distribute apps to their workforces easily and quickly.
The App Store features thousands of great business apps designed to deliver immediate benefits for your company. With the App Store Volume Purchase Program, your business can tap into the potential of world-class apps and offer a broad range of solutions for your employees to make them even
more productive. Whether you're purchasing apps for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the Volume Purchase Program offers a simple and efficient method to purchase iOS apps from the App Store in volume for distribution within your organization.
Both purchasers and app developers need to specifically enroll in the program in order to be eligible for bulk purchases. Corporate buyers don't get a discount, but it is much easier to purchase bulk apps via VPP instead of requiring corporate iOS device owners to purchase apps separately and get reimbursed -- developers can choose to offer a discount to K-12 and higher education institutions, but it is not required.

Article Link: Apple Expands App Volume Purchase Program to More Countries

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Now if only they would offer this for the Mac App Store... It's a pain buying apps from the MAS for business users.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Now if only they would offer this for the Mac App Store... It's a pain buying apps from the MAS for business users.

I'm fairly certain I was given the option when putting Battery Status up for sale on the Mac App Store (I turned it down... I wasn't aware that the discount and the bulk purchases were separate options, and I don't think I'm allowed to change it at this point...)

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Just in time for our rollout ... That should make it easier to deply for 3000 iPads here in Japan ... But let's see the details first. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.