Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:41 AM   #1
larswik
macrumors 65816

free programming eBooks?

I was looking for a book tonight on Open GL. I found on Apress site for $35. I then searched to see if it was some place else cheaper and I found this site http://it-ebooks.info/ and it was at no cost?

It does not seem to be illegal? I did a search to find out if this was a shady company and nothing came up that I could find. I found the book I was looking for and I was able to download the eBook without a problem.

They seem to have 100's of programming eBooks for free? It's not a bit-torrent or anything else that seems to be illegal.

How can this be, am I missing something?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:43 AM   #2
robbieduncan

I'd say it is illegal and they are hoping their disclaimer at the bottom of the page will make it OK.
robbieduncan is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming