Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage5.png

Apple has released an update to iMovie, fixing a minor bug and bringing the app to version 9.0.8. The update weighs in at 1.08GB and is available via Apple's support website.
About iMovie 9.0.8

Addresses an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening
The Mac App Store version of iMovie has yet to be updated, but presumably will soon be bumped to 9.0.8 as well. iMovie is available from the Mac App Store for $14.99. [Direct Link]

Update 1:29 PM: The Mac App Store version of iMovie has now been updated to 9.0.8.

Article Link: Apple Releases iMovie 9.0.8

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple has released an update to iMovie, fixing a minor bug and bringing the app to version 9.0.8. The update weighs in at 1.08GB and is available via Apple's support website.
The Mac App Store version of iMovie has yet to be updated, but presumably will soon be bumped to 9.0.8 as well. iMovie is available from the Mac App Store for $14.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Releases iMovie 9.0.8

Not really wowed per say.

drummerdude1390

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2011
USA
Surprising actually, since we're only days away fom an Apple event, which is usually when Apple updates their (almost) entire software line.

Also, I was half expecting both a iWork and iLife update on the 12th as well...

---
Is It Tuesday?

Zmijutin

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I wish there could be delta (or whatever they may call it) updates for apps. Just like in iOS 5 and Mountain Lion. 1 gig for a line of change log? I'm not an expert programmer but seems kind of silly...

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
That's it? That's the only bug Apple chose to fix? What about the bug that causes entire audio tracks for movies to become inexplicably muted if an audio file is missing or cannot be read? Or issues that cause audio tracks to move, on their own, screwing up lip syncing if you have a speech track you're trying to match to a video? Or any of the other countless bugs my friends and I have run into whenever they try to use iMove for making movies?

iMovie is a joke, and Apple knows it apparently.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Off topic, but did iMovie ever add support for handling AVCHD? Or does it still have to convert those to bigger files?

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK
That's it? That's the only bug Apple chose to fix? What about the bug that causes entire audio tracks for movies to become inexplicably muted if an audio file is missing or cannot be read? Or issues that cause audio tracks to move, on their own, screwing up lip syncing if you have a speech track you're trying to match to a video? Or any of the other countless bugs my friends and I have run into whenever they try to use iMove for making movies?

I so second you... what about the bug that crashes iMovie when you export a project and, suddenly, it does not like the way you put that specific transition with that specific line of text - forcing you to remove all transitions and add the one after the other again to see which one is the weak link.
iMovie = awesome idea on paper, cool design, kludge under the hood, bad execution. Easily the least polished app of the iLife suite.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
If only iMovie would go 64-Bit now. Rendering time is not as fast as it should be on a Quad-Core. Only reason I use FCPX over iMovie. I actually like iMovie a lot. It does what I need it to.

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010

Color banding issues here that make it unusable for me. Doubt that has been fixed. Happens when I import and the footage goes to the AIC codec within iMovie. If I do a long workaround and let another program to the AIC conversion it looks good on import.

Sent feedback, probably not going to see a fix.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
And what about the weird bug that I and others seem to be having with "Sharing" to YouTube; the attempt either halts with a cryptic error message or continually says that you have either the wrong user name or password.

EDIT: Nope. Not fixed.

Last edited:

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
4.41 MB here. I won't be scoffing at that.

As I was. It downloaded that and now wants another 1.35 GB. Commence scoffing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 7.54.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 7.54.55 PM.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
We need to come up with a good, solid iMovie competitor. Maybe it would force Apple to actually make iMovie into a usable product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.