Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:54 PM   #1
Sundance Kid
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Unhappy PowerBook Right Speaker not working

Yeah.... so it stopped working. What should i do? Also if i use headphones, the rights side does not work.



Gah! This is pissing me off, seeing as how i'm a music fanatic.http://forums.macrumors.com/newthrea...ewthread&f=78#
__________________
Powerbook 15inch 64vram 1.5Ghz
20 Gig gen 4 ipod
MDR-V700 Sony Headphones (matches pb)
Apple Wireless Mouse
Logitech Mouse
Sundance Kid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:06 PM   #2
stridey
macrumors 65816
 
stridey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts, Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid
Yeah.... so it stopped working. What should i do? Also if i use headphones, the rights side does not work.



Gah! This is pissing me off, seeing as how i'm a music fanatic.http://forums.macrumors.com/newthrea...ewthread&f=78#
Go to System Preferences. In sound, under output, make sure the balance slider is in the center, and not pushed to the left.
__________________
"Can't help it, I'm a born lever puller."
Stridey: Macs, Music, Politics, and College.
iBook G4 1.33Ghz, 1.2GB RAM, 60GB HD, 10.4.6
stridey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:08 PM   #3
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2005
yea, I had this problem, too.

For some reason, my balance was all the way to the left.
I could NOT figure out why.
I didn't touch it!
(but I DID let someone play with my PowerBook.. that could have been it)
__________________
Still have a prime number of toes on each foot.
katie ta achoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:09 PM   #4
Sundance Kid
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by stridey
Go to System Preferences. In sound, under output, make sure the balance slider is in the center, and not pushed to the left.

lol thanks! I can't figure out how that happened though
__________________
Powerbook 15inch 64vram 1.5Ghz
20 Gig gen 4 ipod
MDR-V700 Sony Headphones (matches pb)
Apple Wireless Mouse
Logitech Mouse
Sundance Kid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:10 PM   #5
stridey
macrumors 65816
 
stridey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts, Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ta achoo
yea, I had this problem, too.

For some reason, my balance was all the way to the left.
I could NOT figure out why.
I didn't touch it!
(but I DID let someone play with my PowerBook.. that could have been it)
I know there was a bug that caused this to happen inexplicably. I remember it being mentioned here in the forums, I remember that it's Tiger specific (i think), and I remember it being reproducable. I know Apple knows about it. Beyond that, I can't remember a thing about it. Wish I could recall what causes it.
__________________
"Can't help it, I'm a born lever puller."
Stridey: Macs, Music, Politics, and College.
iBook G4 1.33Ghz, 1.2GB RAM, 60GB HD, 10.4.6
stridey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:12 PM   #6
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by stridey
I know there was a bug that caused this to happen inexplicably. I remember it being mentioned here in the forums, I remember that it's Tiger specific (i think), and I remember it being reproducable. I know Apple knows about it. Beyond that, I can't remember a thing about it. Wish I could recall what causes it.
Blasted Tiger!

..but.. I love it!


Next time I think my sound card is on the fritz, I'll check it.
(I was about to go to The Apple Store and bug the genius about it. My face would have been red... haha)
__________________
Still have a prime number of toes on each foot.
katie ta achoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 05:42 PM   #7
matticus008
macrumors 68040
 
matticus008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Dude. I thought I was crazy. I'm glad someone else has this problem! Before I realized the solution was to check the balance (I figured it out a few weeks ago), I almost threw away my headphones because they seemed broken!

Why does Tiger reset PowerBook speaker balance? That's a weird bug.
__________________
Macs: MBP (2009) 2.66 OS X 10.6.4
iMac 3.06, G5 Dual 2.7, MythTV, G4 Cube
I am not your lawyer; any discussion is purely academic and not legal advice.
matticus008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4S speaker not working brunomauro iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Dec 12, 2012 09:16 AM
Iphone Speaker not working sprsandeep iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Sep 7, 2012 12:56 PM
iPhone 4 speaker not working after speaker replacement paulpasco iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 3 Sep 5, 2012 08:55 PM
Speaker not working HeroBiX iPhone 0 Aug 28, 2012 05:56 PM
iPhone 4 speaker not working DaveLicky iPhone 4 Aug 18, 2012 04:17 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC