Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
My (early 2008) MacBook Pro will no longer start-up. This morning when i tried to start it, i had to hold the power button down...when i let it go, it would stop. When i held it down longer, the superdrive made the usual noise it makes when you boot it up....then the front white led would start blinking rapidly then stop and computer stopped trying to boot up. any suggestions? i tried to reset the PRAM already and that didn't seem to do anything.

I had my MacBook Pro in my backpack last night and it got slightly rained on, but it didn't seem like it got wet....

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
How many times does the light blink? Does it beep at all during the startup/shutdown process? Are you plugged in or running off the battery? Does the charging light on the adapter come on and what color is it?

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on

7. If you tried all of the steps above and the computer still won't turn on, contact Apple technical support (1-800-APL-CARE in the U.S.) or take your computer to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

If you can't power it on, there's not a lot of trouble shooting or advice anyone can give you without physical access to the machine. It could be a number of hardware issues that need to be tested to find the problem.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.