Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbchick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
I just bought a 2012 MBA (YAY!) and want to transfer just a FEW iMovie projects and events from an external HD that I used for time machine for my old white macbook.

I've googled and all I've found were ways to transfer ALL the data from time machine. I want to keep my new MBA pretty lean and just want a few iMovie projects and events from my backups. How do I do that?

I've tried a few ways of importing and migrating and it was just not getting me what I wanted to do. Please let me know in baby steps what I can try.

Thanks!

bbchick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Anybody???

Ok, what about transferring ALL the iMovie events and projects from the old time machine external drive to my new MBA? How can I do that?

I understand that when a new laptop is purchased that most people probably want the new one to be a clone of their old machine, thus migrating from the time machine will do that for you. I want to kind of start afresh and have just certain items from time machine transferred (iMovie projects and events) to my new MBA.

I've read tons of Time Machine tips online but haven't come across one that will give me what I want.

Thanks,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.