Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXunderdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
I have a 2008 MacBook Pro. I recently had put in an SSD myself, then put the laptop back together. I soon noticed that a couple of the arrow keys stopped working. Eventually, I got back into the laptop to see if there was a bad connection or something from putting it back together. Not being knowledgeable enough, I couldn't see anything I could do to fix the problem. After seeing the price of a replacement keyboard (approx. $100), I thought I would seek advice from someone more knowledgable. I'm hoping that someone might have troubleshooting ideas before I purchase a whole new keyboard.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I have a 2008 MacBook Pro. I recently had put in an SSD myself, then put the laptop back together. I soon noticed that a couple of the arrow keys stopped working. Eventually, I got back into the laptop to see if there was a bad connection or something from putting it back together. Not being knowledgeable enough, I couldn't see anything I could do to fix the problem. After seeing the price of a replacement keyboard (approx. $100), I thought I would seek advice from someone more knowledgable. I'm hoping that someone might have troubleshooting ideas before I purchase a whole new keyboard.

Do you see anything physically wrong with the connector?

Most likely you'll just need a new keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.