Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Hello all. I am getting an iPad 3 as a gift from my mother for high school. After doing some research, I read the iPad 3 may be outdated in a few days? Or there is going to be a announcement of a refresh.

I don't want her wasting her money on something that will be outdated. Do you recommend we wait? Will the refresh include the new port connector?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!

TreyCox

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Washington, DC
The rumor as of right now is that the iPad will get an updated connector and POSSIBLY a thinner design, IGZO display and improved internals as early as October (Same event as iPad mini?) But I just don't see it happening until iPad 4th Gen in February or March.

mcard

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
+1 to Trey Cox. I'm typing this from my newly purchased iPad 3. If they hint at any updates on Wednesday, I'll just return it and wait it out painfully.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
The rumor as of right now is that the iPad will get an updated connector and POSSIBLY a thinner design, IGZO display and improved internals as early as October (Same event as iPad mini?) But I just don't see it happening until iPad 4th Gen in February or March.

Looks like I while hold off then and see what happens. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.