Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I've been curious for too long. Now is your chance to tell me. ;)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
GodBless said:
I've been curious for too long. Now is your chance to tell me. ;)

I don't think it's just the admins but all who contribute to the site. I think there's something funny going on in the private forum to put Keira's hair (at least edesignuk's current avatar) on their avatars or something like that....

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
tech4all said:
I don't think it's just the admins but all who contribute to the site. I think there's something funny going on in the private forum to put Keira's hair (at least edesignuk's current avatar) on their avatars or something like that....
Yeah I know it is a little more than the admins. I was just trying to be concise. Maybe the question should have been: Why do All the "Special" Forum Goers Have a Wig on Their Avatar?

It is interesting that it originally came from edesignuk's avatar. Thanks for pointing that out. (And yeah edesignuk's avatar does change often.)

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
holy crap you and me must think alike. I was JUST about to make a thread just about this.

I think it is a joke or something that the contributers are doing.... tempted to put some hair on mine and see what happens :p

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
GodBless said:
It is interesting that it originally came from edesignuk's avatar. Thanks for pointing that out. (And yeah edesignuk's avatar does change often.)

Here's the thread regarding edesignuk's famous avatars :) Although I'm sure you know of it. I wonder if they'll change the "wigs" each time he changes pics :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Whatever do you mean...?

dogeyes.gif

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
irmongoose said:
It's a plan to make all the curious people contribute to MacRumors so they can access the private forums and know what the hell is happening!

Not that contributing is a bad thing :D

irmongoose
I would not at all be surprised if you are right.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Phat_Pat said:
tempted to put some hair on mine and see what happens :p
Boy that is funny because that same thought came to my mind, however I don't think it would work too well with my avatar. I definitely would have tried it though if it fit with my avatar.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
edesignuk said:
Whatever do you mean...?

dogeyes.gif
I should not have said "all" the site admins use the wig, instead I should have said "some." Perhaps the following images will help.

Here is your avatar edesignuk (macrumors mod mini):
image.php

Here are some of the people's avatars that use the hair (on the girl) from your avatar:

WinterMute – Demi-God (Moderator)
image.php

iMeowbot - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

Doctor Q - Demi-God (Moderator)
image.php

Veldek - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

840quadra - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

Applespider - macrumors Demi-Goddess
image.php

CanadaRAM - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

Cooknn - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Some "special" forum goers don't use edesignuk's avatar's hair as a wig for their avatar. Those avatars either have a different kind of hair or no hair at all on them. Here are some examples:

arn -[/B] macrumors god:
image.php

Nermal - Demi-God (Moderator):
image.php

bbarnhart - macrumors Demi-God:
image.php

zach - macrumors Demi-God:
image.php

zimv20 - macrumors Demi-God:
image.php

übergeek - macrumors Demi-Goddess
image.php

Wardofsky - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

wdlove - Contributor
image.php

wrldwzrd89 - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

wsteineker - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

(Continued on next post...)

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
(Continued from last post...)

teabgs - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

voicegy - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

timbloom - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

trebblekicked - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

Sayhey - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

seamuskrat - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

shadowfax - macrumors Demi-God
image.php

SilentPanda – Contributor
image.php

SiliconAddict – macrumors Demi-God
image.php

Mudbug – macrumors god
image.php

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
With this one it is hard to tell but I think part of the wig is there:

vniow - macrumors Demi-Goddess
image.php

Also I found somebody who isn't a moderator, admin, Demi-God, Demi-Goddess or contributer but does have the wig on his avatar. Here it is:

sethypoo - macrumors 65816
image.php

By the way... why does Zenith have an avatar when he is only a "macrumors regular"? Perhaps he/she is becoming a "special" MacRumors forum goer. Here is Zenith's avatar:

Zenith - macrumors regular
image.php

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
There are "moderators" of the Forum, designated as such (and a mod-mini)

There are also:
Demi-god
Demi-goddess
Contributor

They aren't really "special", they have just contributed monetarily to the site. No difference between Demi-god, Demi-goddess, Contributor in that regard, just different titles, but they do not have Mod powers.

Hope that helps...

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
GodBless said:
By the way... why does Zenith have an avatar when he is only a "macrumors regular"? Perhaps he/she is becoming a "special" MacRumors forum goer. Here is Zenith's avatar:

Zenith - macrumors regular
image.php

Some were bestowed before 500 for special circumstances, like winning an avatar contest, or some other special consideration, but it is very rare.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Anyone can contribute to the site, the link can be found under the User CP (upper left corner of the page). From there you go to "paid subscriptions" and then you get the contribution screen.

paid.gif

subscription.gif

But as far as hair, I don't know what you are talking about.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
MacDawg said:
But as far as hair, I don't know what you are talking about.
You mean you do know what I am talking about but I won't know about it until I contribute. :rolleyes: ;)

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
GodBless said:
I should not have said "all" the site admins use the wig, instead I should have said "some." Perhaps the following images will help.
I'm disapppointed, I was left out. Well, I don't post as much as most of the members you listed.

Still, I have no idea what's going on here. One day a couple weeks ago I logged onto MR and my bird had hair! :eek:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I am not "special" enough?

What if I urinated in my pants, repeatedly rammed my face into a block of ice while, held sparklers in each hand, whilst singing "Benny and the Jets"?

That sounds pretty special to me!

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
feakbeak said:
I'm disapppointed, I was left out. Well, I don't post as much as most of the members you listed.
I would have gone through all the members in the Members List but it was already taking me too long so I just grabbed as many as I could and posted them. I am sorry that I left you out. :eek:

feakbeak said:
Still, I have no idea what's going on here. One day a couple weeks ago I logged onto MR and my bird had hair! :eek:
Interesting.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
yellow said:
I am not "special" enough?
I thought there was something interesting about your avatar when I went through all the members that began with the letter "Y." I though the guy on your avatar had coffee on his mouth. :p I guess I should have looked closer, sorry. :eek:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Far too Beatle-like (damn hippies)..

It's been a hard day's night..

Attachments

• HomerOooHair-widdle.jpg
    HomerOooHair-widdle.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,540
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.