Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
If you want the latest new news about the android devices from China you can give a try to this website http://www.gizchina.com/

Here are some examples of what you can find in China apart from the Xiaomi smartphones:

Oppo Find 5 To Boast 5 inch 441ppi screen and Qualcomm S4 CPU

It looks like Oppo will be setting world standards again with their upcoming Oppo Find 5 smartphone which, if rumors are true, will feature a 5 inch 1920 x 1080 resolution screen with 441 ppi pixel density!

Earlier this year Oppo launched their Android powered dual-core Finder 3 which was then and still is now the world’s thinnest smartphone measuring just 6.65mm! Not only is the Finder 3 thin, but it is also exceptionally stylish and strong too, just take a look at this video of the Oppo Finder 3 being used as a hammer!
Now, Oppo are preparing to launch their all new Oppo Find 5 5 inch Android phone, and they are planning to set world standards again!

This time Oppo are planning to wow the world with the Find 5 thanks to its super high-resolution screen which will feature a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and 441 ppi pixel density which would give the Oppo Find 5 more pixels per inch than the current iPhone 4S Retina display!

As we have reported before the Find 5 is also expected to have a similar quad-core Qualcomm S4 CPU as the Xiaomi M2, 2GB RAM and a 12 mega-pixel rear camera!

With this specification it is looking more and more likely that Oppo will have an iPhone 5 killer on their hands when they officially launch the 2300 Yuan Chinese Android phone!

Pipo M1 Max 1.6ghz Android Jelly Bean Tablet Hands On Review
A few days ago I reported on the excellent looking Pipo M1 Android Jelly Bean tablet, excellent because it offers a dual-core Rockchips 1.6Ghz CPU, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS and great looking 9.7 inch IPS screen all for a great price. Best of all mine arrived yesterday! Hands on photos after the jump!

I personally own the original iPad and an Ainol Novo 7 Android tablet. I love my old iPad, but it has become extremely slow, and while the Novo 7 is a good tablet the small screen size really put’s me off from using it (in fact no one in my family every uses the Novo 7!).
So I found myself in the situation where I wanted a 9.7 inch Android tablet which was faster than my current iPad while being cheaper than the iPad 2 or current new iPad, and I found the Pipo M1!

The Pipo M1 costs just $215 and features some awesome high performance features which are usually reserved for tablets twice and sometimes 3 times the cost!

Pipo M1 performance

Under the good-looking and rather lightweight body the Pipo M1 has some serious hardware which manages to have this low-cost Chinese tablet opening apps, stream video and browse the internet with very little effort.

At the heart of the M1 is a dual-core Rockchips RK3066 CPU which runs at a staggering 1.6ghz! With the dual-core processor humming along at that rate Pipo haven given the M1 1GB DDR3 RAM and aMali 400 GPU so that the Pipo tablet copes very well with pretty much anything you throw at it.
I ran Quadrant and Antutu benchmarks while at the coffee shop to which once completed yielded impressive results!
The Pipo M1 dual-core Android JB tablet scored 8119 on the Antutu benchmark.
And managed a respectable 4044 on the Quadrant test.
Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean comes as standard on the Pipo M1 tablet which runs like a hot knife through butter, whist sliding down a velvet waterfall!

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Can you really? Considering that most Apple products and big-name Android phones are made in China?

Not the same. For Apple products they just assembled. Clearly big differences between designed in China with knock off OS and hardware vs designed by Apple. Obviously Chinese are very good at assembling delicate electronic parts but they can't make anything from scratch. They can barely make automobiles.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Not the same. For Apple products they just assembled. Clearly big differences between designed in China with knock off OS and hardware vs designed by Apple. Obviously Chinese are very good at assembling delicate electronic parts but they can't make anything from scratch. They can barely make automobiles.
I'm sure they can make a phone that's just as good as any high-end Android phone out there considering they can do the internals for an iPhone.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
Can you really? Considering that most Apple products and big-name Android phones are made in China?

The difference is that Apple, Samsung, LG etc. have a good name to lose. Whereas no name products have no name.

I don't know the cost of developing an iPhone 4, or an S3. But I doubt the no-name companies will even invest 1% of that. Once you try a no-namer yourself you can feel the difference within a few Seconds.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
The difference is that Apple, Samsung, LG etc. have a good name to lose. Whereas no name products have no name.

I don't know the cost of developing an iPhone 4, or an S3. But I doubt the no-name companies will even invest 1% of that. Once you try a no-namer yourself you can feel the difference within a few Seconds.
I'm sure most of them are crap, but I'm just saying that China is certainly capable of making a product worth buying, especially for their prices.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
if you look at the Oppo phone characteristics, they are quite similar with most of the high end android phones available on the market

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
I'm sure most of them are crap, but I'm just saying that China is certainly capable of making a product worth buying, especially for their prices.

Sure, China has a few of their own brands that can be considered as 'better' then the rest. A few that spring to my mind: ZTE, Huawei, Lenovo...

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
Oppo CEO says quad-core Find 5 will feature a 1080p, 441ppi display, forgets to wink at HTC
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/15/oppo-find-5-1080p-441ppi-quad-core/

Not sure how this slipped under our radar, but recently Oppo Mobile CEO Chen Mingyong teased that his upcoming flagship phone, the Find 5, will again feature a non-removable but "certainly big enough" battery (for the sake of anti-counterfeiting and, consequently, safety) as well as a 1080p, 441ppi display. That's right, 441ppi! We're finally getting a phone with a display that's impossibly sharper than the 326ppi on the latest iPhones (up to 4-inch, 1,136 x 640), the 331ppi on the Nokia Lumia 920 (4.5-inch, 1,280 x 768) or even the 342ppi on the Sony Xperia acro S and the Xiaomi Phone 2 (4.3-inch, 1,280 x 720).
Assuming Chen's talking about a 1,920 x 1,080 resolution, a quick calculation based on these two numbers would give us a 5-inch screen size, which matches what LG Display announced back in May. Taking into account that a reliable source of ours got to see HTC's 5-inch 6435LVW phablet recently, this would make the Find 5 unofficially the second device to receive the same full HD panel. Still, there's a significant difference inside these two phones: Chen had previously mentioned that the Find 5 will be joining the quad-core APQ8064 party, while the HTC device appears to sport the dual-core, LTE-enabled MSM8960. Speaking of which, the same source informed us that much like the Flyer, HTC's 6435LVW will also feature N-trig stylus technology. Will Oppo follow in the same footsteps? And will it bring back the slide-out keyboard à la Find X903 (pictured above)? Go on, Mr. Chen, tell us more.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Or aircraft, or ships, or much of anything advanced without using western intellectual property as a blueprint.

They do good fireworks and choreographed dancing, seriously though right now they are copying everything and making it all badly in huge massive quantities, their car industry is making an extraordinary quantity of cars.

One day though they will rule the world!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.