Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 21, 2012
We are down to the wire here. iPhone 5 is almost upon us.

With the reveal so close expect to see all kinds of bizarre and outlandish speculation right up until the reveal.

Also expect every psychotic Apple hating troll under the sun to ramp up their campaign of stupidity. The shills will be crawling out of the woodwork in full force, so stand ready. It's going to be crazy for the next few hours.

On the upside...iPhone 5 should be released by the end next week. We'll be pre-ordering by Friday.

Anyone else starting to feel the anticipation?

Last edited:

TreyCox

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Washington, DC
I just watched the iPhone 4s keynote so atleast I know this years can't be as underwhelming as that one. Im excited, though. I get my iPhone 5 in November.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Honestly, I'm not that excited anymore because of all the leaks. We pretty much know the ins and out of the iPhone 5. And I'm not too interested in the iPods. Just give us the official date so I can get in line.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 21, 2012
I just watched the iPhone 4s keynote so atleast I know this years can't be as underwhelming as that one. Im excited, though. I get my iPhone 5 in November.

Funny you should mention it;

I watched the first iPhone keynote this weekend and the Bill Gates & Steve Jobs All this D conference.

And the iPhone 4S launch always seem somber to me, for obvious reasons.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
If the rumors are to be trusted, we know most of the outs, but very little about the ins.

Well, the true, but we do know some of the ins. They have booted up the iPhone 5, so we know some of the parts...and some of them are given. We just don't know specifics, like how many MP the camera will have...etc.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011

With the reveal so close expect to see all kinds of bizarre and outlandish speculation right up until the reveal.

Also expect every psychotic Apple hating troll under the sun to ramp up their campaign of stupidity. The shills will be crawling out of the woodwork in full force, so stand ready. It's going to be crazy for the next few hours.

On the upside...iPhone 5 should be released by the end next week. We'll be pre-ordering by Friday.

Anyone else starting to feel the anticipation?

Very ironic.

It's a mobile device that won't do anything that other like devices on the market are already doing---not some life altering new concept. The 'trolls' come out because people are still counting down the minutes until the reveal.

TreyCox

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Washington, DC
Funny you should mention it;

I watched the first iPhone keynote this weekend and the Bill Gates & Steve Jobs All this D conference.

And the iPhone 4S launch always seem somber to me, for obvious reasons.

I agree. I watched the original iPhone keynote and iPhone 4 keynote a few months back. Steve put on an amazing presentation.

One thing to note though is that its pretty obvious that the senior executives knew of Steve's state at the time of the keynote last year. I'm sure that affected it a lot.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
This will be Apple's last chance to steal me away from Android. For the last two years I've been disappointed with the late arrival of the iPhone on Verizon and with the iPhone 4S. Maybe if I started with AT&T I would have been a long time iPhone user. But if the leaks are true a 4" display is not good enough no matter what they pack inside. I don't want a slightly stretched 4 inch iPhone for the next 2 years (minimum). I will watch the event on Wednesday but I have this feeling a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will be my next phone.

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
This will be Apple's last chance to steal me away from Android. For the last two years I've been disappointed with the late arrival of the iPhone on Verizon and with the iPhone 4S. Maybe if I started with AT&T I would have been a long time iPhone user. But if the leaks are true a 4" display is not good enough no matter what they pack inside. I don't want a slightly stretched 4 inch iPhone for the next 2 years (minimum). I will watch the event on Wednesday but I have this feeling a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will be my next phone.

Not a bad choice, but I'd wait out on the next Nexus.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Can't even lie. As much as I love my Samsung Galaxy S3. And as much as I said it wouldn't happen.

I know I'm getting the new iPhone :D

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
Just feel bad because I sold my iphone 4s today, so I'm shipping it to the buyer Wednesday morning prior to the conference.

Which means.. I have to be stuck with a Motorola Droid 1 for at least a week while I wait for it to be released.

I'm going to unjailbreak tomorrow night & backup my phone completely. Reading all the speculations and all of the coverage should hold me over for a week though.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010

Speculation has been going on for a long time. Okay.

But can someone tell me why there are thousands of NEW posts asking questions about how to upgrade, order, pricing, etc.... when we all know it will not be known until Wednesday. Even worse.... they can not even read the very same questions asked by another idiot 20 minutes earlier.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Speculation has been going on for a long time. Okay.

But can someone tell me why there are thousands of NEW posts asking questions about how to upgrade, order, pricing, etc.... when we all know it will not be known until Wednesday. Even worse.... they can not even read the very same questions asked by another idiot 20 minutes earlier.

Lol, get used to it. They will repost and repost and NOBODY will check for an existing post or read the guide. This place is about to get extremely annoying. :eek:

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
I'm ready for the hypocrisy to start!:p

----------

Can't even lie. As much as I love my Samsung Galaxy S3. And as much as I said it wouldn't happen.

I know I'm getting the new iPhone :D

Been thinking about adding another line and getting the GS3....but I MUST wait for Apple's sweet potato pie to see what it's going to be.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 21, 2012
Lol, get used to it. They will repost and repost and NOBODY will check for an existing post or read the guide. This place is about to get extremely annoying. :eek:

Are you ready for deluge of "I'm so glad I didn't wait and got my brand x phone"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.