Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
erf
THE TIME HAS COME! Time to leave AT&T and go back to Verizon with the next iPhone.
(For those who may not know, ATT is quite bad in south Orange County, CA)

I have a 2-line family plan with AT&T (I am the main account holder) and want to leave, turning it into an individual plan for the remaining number. The main number is mine and I plan to bring it with me to another Verizon family plan.

How do I go about to do this the best way? My sister is the secondary number on the ATT account, will she automatically be the main account holder with her number after I port over to VZW?

Sorry if this is a common question. If so, be easy on me :D

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
When you port, that line is auto cancelled on the provider you're leaving. How at&t wants to handle that is up to them. I'd call customer service and check... free call, plus it's their job. Be advised they will treat it as a cancellation threat and try to retain you.

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
THE TIME HAS COME! Time to leave AT&T and go back to Verizon with the next iPhone.
(For those who may not know, ATT is quite bad in south Orange County, CA)

I have a 2-line family plan with AT&T (I am the main account holder) and want to leave, turning it into an individual plan for the remaining number. The main number is mine and I plan to bring it with me to another Verizon family plan.

How do I go about to do this the best way? My sister is the secondary number on the ATT account, will she automatically be the main account holder with her number after I port over to VZW?

Sorry if this is a common question. If so, be easy on me :D

i would think her number would stay active and have to pick another plan. can someone answer this who knows for sure?

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
The line that remains with AT&T will still be active. However what they don't tell you is you should change your data plan to reflect a single line and not a higher priced family plan. Change the plan and the remaining AT&T line will be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.