Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:00 AM   #1
Juan TS
macrumors member

Wireless name won't appear and therefore I can't connect after ML upgrade

Hey guys!

After I upgraded my rMBP to ML I've been experiencing the same problem always and always: Every wireless network available is shown in my options, I connect to my home one, and after the mac is turned off or after a lot of hours, wifi will drop and then that wireless won't appear. But every other wireless will appear!

It is not a router problem, since my iPad, other laptop and phone, find it and connect to it succesfully.

Only after a lot of tries of restarting the mac and restarting the router it will manage to find the network. But then after the router in turned off or so it will disappear...

I've followed this steps: http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/02/fix-o...tion-problems/

But they seemed to do nothing...
Juan TS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:05 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

The only thing I can think of at the moment is to make sure you haven't created a closed network, in which case the network name is hidden. You could try typing the name of your network in, to see if it finds it. Click the AirPort icon on your Menu Bar and select "Join Other Network", then type the network name in the window that pops up and make sure you check "Remember This Network".
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion