Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:50 PM   #51
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

That's entrance 3. loads of open staircases up to the upper level. Been to look today.
DavidWildJnr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:51 PM   #52
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzarev View Post
Im getting the bus i think it will be a lot easier. gonna stay in there till the orient closes at 12am then go to the nearest door to the apple store and wait there till 5am.
Where are you bussing it from BTW?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:56 PM   #53
holtii14
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalkharnage View Post
What time were you planning? Was thinking of being there for around 3.30am.

Goig to do a reccy to see which is the best car park/entrance to get to. lol
Just catching up on the thread, im going to get there for 3:30 ish. reading about people stopping over night i think is ludicrous IMO.
holtii14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:26 PM   #54
MxNRG
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtii14 View Post
Just catching up on the thread, im going to get there for 3:30 ish. reading about people stopping over night i think is ludicrous IMO.
Depends how much you to be the first person to buy who gets applause, cheers and high fives from the staff
MxNRG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:32 PM   #55
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxNRG View Post
Depends how much you to be the first person to buy who gets applause, cheers and high fives from the staff
You are absolutely right.

In that case I might queue a few hours later then ;-)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:39 PM   #56
holtii14
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxNRG View Post
lol depends really, I have nothing else to do thursday night, friday. I might also stop overnight. start of this week I was going for 8am.. each day its becoming earlier ha to the point of driving over in middle of night is pointless!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:58 PM   #57
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtii14 View Post
lol depends really, I have nothing else to do thursday night, friday. I might also stop overnight. start of this week I was going for 8am.. each day its becoming earlier ha to the point of driving over in middle of night is pointless!
I feel the same about the time but there's a little voice saying 'if I don't go then how long will the queue be' ? :-)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:23 PM   #58
holtii14
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWildJnr View Post
I feel the same about the time but there's a little voice saying 'if I don't go then how long will the queue be' ? :-)
Going to have to make the most out of this one off event then and queue ridiculously early as nobody knows how long the queue will be
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:14 AM   #59
MxNRG
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWildJnr View Post
Last year for Lakeside (Thurrock in Essex) I got there at 05:30 and myself and my brother were out of there by about 09:45. I was cream crackered but the experience was interesting with both extremes of completely selfish and angry people (Bloke who me mad by getting there 90 minutes after me but ending up ahead of me in the queue and then slagging off the scalpers constantly) and really kind and good natured people (The Apple staff coming up and down the queue with drinks and letting a guy who had a hospital appointment jump the queue).

Would I do it again... if I had missed out on pre-orders maybe, or definitely if I had someone I knew to go with and treat it as an experience.
MxNRG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:04 AM   #60
scb02
macrumors regular

At the 4 launch I got there around 6am, was a fair few people there already, was 2 lines one for buying the phone on PAYG and one for Contract think they let in 2 contract customers per each PAYG customer. I think i finally got my phone after roughly 6 hours of being in the queue.

They did bring around donuts and drinks etc though, will be there again this morning, have an hour drive from Blackpool so will be there for 5am, and then just settle down in the queue somewhere.

Think I might take my iPad this year though as I have sold my phone on Thursday so will be without one!

See you all there!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:28 AM   #61
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

hi all I will be there and meeting u all on the day. I am going to arrive there for 4.30am. I am not bothered how long I am queuing I am more bothered about getting a phone. if I arrive at that time do you think I will get a phone plus where is everybody queuing???? thanks
sm9thy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:50 AM   #62
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm9thy View Post
hi all I will be there and meeting u all on the day. I am going to arrive there for 4.30am. I am not bothered how long I am queuing I am more bothered about getting a phone. if I arrive at that time do you think I will get a phone plus where is everybody queuing???? thanks
I think if we all aim for one entrance we can chat. The nearest entrance to Apple is marked 'Entrance 3'. its on the upper car park (steps to get from lower level) on the right hand side of Selfridge's (Entrance 2 is on the left) The corridor leads to Burtons / Clintons and of course Apple.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:30 AM   #63
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

I'm not that up on the Trafford centre but is that the entrance where the car park is under death shelter then u have to walk up the escalators. plus if I get there are 4.30 do u t think I will get iphone?? thanks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:38 AM   #64
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Quote:
I'm not that up on the Trafford centre but is that the entrance where the car park is under death shelter then u have to walk up the escalators. plus if I get there are 4.30 do u t think I will get iphone?? thanks
There are stairs next to the escalators but also steps all around the outer edge of the car park. I think you will get the phone if you queue at that time. Looking at previous years threads, people were queueing much later and being served. I don't think the demand has increased that much. I May see you there.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:38 AM   #65
scb02
macrumors regular

Chaps,

Like I said having been there before I wouldn't be aiming to get at certain doors for certain times. Just arrive around 5 and then you will se guide (people in red) and signs guiding you the place to go. It wont really matter where you park as each door usually has someone on it telling you the best way to go. So if you pull on the lower deck someone there will say yes park up or not just nip around there.

Nobody can ever say yes you will get an iPhone if you turn up at this time or no you wont. But if you really want to get there for half 4 then I would say you have a 99.9999999% chance of getting one.

I'm going later then that and I wouldn't be doing that if I wasn't confident I would get a phone.

You never know how many people will go and for what time so it's always hard to say but they will have plenty of stock. Two queues one for PAYG and one for contract.

HTH
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:18 AM   #66
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

thank you very much everyone I will see u all there plus is ghrre defiantly going to be two queues as I want a SIM free iPhone so which would Que would I Que in plus which phone are u all getting I want a 32gbp black SIM free 1???
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:41 AM   #67
scb02
macrumors regular

Quote:
thank you very much everyone I will see u all there plus is ghrre defiantly going to be two queues as I want a SIM free iPhone so which would Que would I Que in plus which phone are u all getting I want a 32gbp black SIM free 1???
16GB Black Sim Free for me, it's not confirmed 2 queue's yet but I am pretty sure that's exactly how it will be done. You will be in the longer of the 2 queue's like myself for the sim free phone. Others are getting new contracts/upgrading and will be tied to that network, our phones will be sim free.

Simon
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:27 AM   #68
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scb02 View Post
16GB Black Sim Free for me, it's not confirmed 2 queue's yet but I am pretty sure that's exactly how it will be done. You will be in the longer of the 2 queue's like myself for the sim free phone. Others are getting new contracts/upgrading and will be tied to that network, our phones will be sim free.

Simon
thanks Simon I'm not really bothered about the queue time I'm more bothered about getting the iPhone 5 I will get 1 as I think they will have a lot of stock do you ???
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:32 AM   #69
uktivo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunfai View Post
People find it absurd but I guess they can do whatever pleases them. Who are we to tell them how they should live? I'd rather not waste my breath and just carry on my live because why waste such time telling them to stop lining up when I'm wasting time sat here trying to change their opinions.

If they really want the phone, they really want the phone. But I think the experience of queuing up is more then just getting the phone itself, it's like queuing up for a film or game at midnight. It's there for people who want to experience it before others, if you don't like it then just buy or watch it another day.

OR, you're trying to get rid of all the queues so you can be first joking.

But seriously, who are we to judge at different people. Just ignore them and move on, or if you get one tomorrow go to the queue and wave it in front of their face.... Again, I kid. :P
Lol.. No it's not a ploy..
I suppose my age is showing .. If I were queing for a life saving drug for my family, then of course I'd do it. As it's just another piece of technology that will not improve or impact your life in any way positive that's what I don't understand.

Oh well.. Didn't really expect a radical change of opinion...

I'll be quietly say over here with my pipe and slippers
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:33 AM   #70
840quadra

Mod Note

If you wish to discuss topics outside of the purpose of this thread, please create a new thread within the appropriate forum for that discussion.

Thank you.
840quadra is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:42 AM   #71
scb02
macrumors regular

Quote:
thanks Simon I'm not really bothered about the queue time I'm more bothered about getting the iPhone 5 I will get 1 as I think they will have a lot of stock do you ???
Getting there at the time you said, I will go as far as saying if you don't get one watch me run back to my car naked
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:58 AM   #72
uktivo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 840quadra View Post
Mod Note

If you wish to discuss topics outside of the purpose of this thread, please create a new thread within the appropriate forum for that discussion.

Thank you.
Noted. Although I did feel it was a relevant comment for the thread.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:07 AM   #73
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scb02 View Post
Getting there at the time you said, I will go as far as saying if you don't get one watch me run back to my car naked

I want to say that's a good thing cause my chances are high but I'll word it differently and say my chances are high of getting the phone then ")

----------

plus if I got there at at 4.30 what tym do yout think I will have the iPhone by????
thanks in advance
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:54 AM   #74
Erratic.
macrumors newbie

How many are you allowed to purchase on the day? Also, would be it ok to queue on someone's behalf?
Erratic. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:26 AM   #75
Hendoss
macrumors newbie

i'll be setting off from burnley at 5AM

i will be severely disappointed if i don't get one. i'm pretty sure they'll be stocked up and i can't see that many going at rediculous- oclock, can you?
Hendoss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups