Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:35 AM   #76
Erratic.
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendoss View Post
i'll be setting off from burnley at 5AM

i will be severely disappointed if i don't get one. i'm pretty sure they'll be stocked up and i can't see that many going at rediculous- oclock, can you?
What do you consider as ridiculous? People start queuing up at 3am..
Erratic. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:36 PM   #77
roblawton
macrumors 6502

I'm coming over from Preston and although originally planned to leave at 5am, it's gradually got earlier and now I aim to arrive at Trafford Centre for 4am!
roblawton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:26 AM   #78
FezKhan
macrumors newbie

Its the first time i'm going to get an iphone on launch day but am intending to get there for 1pm.
Do you think they will be sold out at that time?
want to get black 16gb sim free

THANKS
FezKhan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:42 AM   #79
Totalkharnage
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FezKhan View Post
Its the first time i'm going to get an iphone on launch day but am intending to get there for 1pm.
Do you think they will be sold out at that time?
want to get black 16gb sim free

THANKS
I think you'll be lucky to get one at 1pm. Although I might be wrong.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:57 AM   #80
Codarz360
macrumors newbie

I'm going to be setting off quite early to attempt to get one ASAP so I can return back to work with a smile on my face I think we should get a little MacRumors tribe going at launch day haha
Codarz360 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:55 AM   #81
2bFrank
macrumors member

Im going to trafford on my dinner hour to pick up a leaving present so will try and scope out some data if I can and report back.
2bFrank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:28 AM   #82
chesterflaps
macrumors newbie

I'm a launch day virgin too. I was meant to go to the iPad 3 launch and was all set, with a queue buddy and I seem to remember agreeing to be the person who keeps people updated with queues etc, and had to download some app to go with it.

Had to pull out though sadly. Not this time!!

I was intending on setting off from Bradford at about 6am but from the sounds of things I'm going to have to set off earlier.

Black.Slate 32GB sim free for me.

Anyone want to buddy up so we can take toilet breaks, and fetch coffee for one another?
chesterflaps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:40 AM   #83
2bFrank
macrumors member

Ok just got back from trafford,

Spoke to a big bloke on customer services, he said the following points,

Car parks will shut with the trafford centre at 12, car parks with barriers will be closed. No member of the public will be allowed to wait on trafford centre property until 5am, anyone on the property will be asked to leave .

Car parks will be open at 5am, doors will probably open then as well, depending on staffing as they have to have a certain amount of staff per person.

Thats all I got out of him unfortunately, hope this helps someone. and looking forward to the experience as long as I get a phone lol.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:28 AM   #84
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

This is contrary to past advice posted to this forum and the TC twitter feed. Gates open @ 4, doors at 5. Take the official tweet as record.
DavidWildJnr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:36 AM   #85
wlasikiewicz
macrumors newbie

Im gonna leave St Helens at 3am, the Trafford Centre is only 30 mins from me, im going alone but i think that is a bad idea.

Code:
http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/whatson/appleiphone5

Last edited by wlasikiewicz; Sep 20, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
wlasikiewicz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:55 AM   #86
2bFrank
macrumors member

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWildJnr View Post
This is contrary to past advice posted to this forum and the TC twitter feed. Gates open @ 4, doors at 5. Take the official tweet as record.

Was thinking this tbh when I was speaking to him, when I asked about car park opening at four, he insisted 5am, but i'm getting there for 4 anyways. can always park in the overflow behind selfridges or even asda. Think the asda is open 24 hours anyways so anyone waiting about could have a coffee in there and keep warm.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:57 AM   #87
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Anybody know what restrictions are on the Asda carpark ? it's only a short walk away.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:43 AM   #88
2bFrank
macrumors member

Think its open 24 hours, I know krispy kremes is if you stuggle for space, plus you can get a butterscotch sundae donut to pass the time.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:57 AM   #89
chesterflaps
macrumors newbie

Does anyone know which entrance will be opening? And which car park. I only ever usually use one car park when I go to Trafford Centre and it's the one with the High Ropes course next to it.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:05 AM   #90
mummipixie12
macrumors newbie

I've been driving TC crazy with my constant phone calls for updates on opening times etc. The store is opening at 5am (ALL entrances) and Apple store opening at 8am, which you probably all know. I'm getting there for 4am so ill see you all there !! Apple for life !!
mummipixie12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:35 AM   #91
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterflaps View Post
Does anyone know which entrance will be opening? And which car park. I only ever usually use one car park when I go to Trafford Centre and it's the one with the High Ropes course next to it.
All entrances at 5. all car parks at 4. http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/whatson/appleiphone5
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:03 AM   #92
chesterflaps
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWildJnr View Post
All entrances at 5. all car parks at 4. http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/whatson/appleiphone5
That link is great thanks.

I notice the carphone warehouse is opening at 6am. Do you think they'll be selling unlocked ones too?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:07 AM   #93
DavidWildJnr
macrumors member

At a guess I would say that they would prioritise contract. But sell PAYG versions (with compulsory £10 top up). But that's an educated guess.

Last edited by DavidWildJnr; Sep 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:34 AM   #94
Hendoss
macrumors newbie

I think we can safely say anyone setting off before the store opens will get a phone can't we? I've managed to blag a friend to come even though he's pre-ordered. Top mate!
Hendoss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:49 AM   #95
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

Can't wait for tomorrow. Hope the queing time goes quick as well. My friend is coming with me just to queue up with me so I am not on my own legend.
sm9thy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:37 PM   #96
2bFrank
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm9thy View Post
Can't wait for tomorrow. Hope the queing time goes quick as well. My friend is coming with me just to queue up with me so I am not on my own legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendoss View Post
I think we can safely say anyone setting off before the store opens will get a phone can't we? I've managed to blag a friend to come even though he's pre-ordered. Top mate!
Some good friends there, i asked my mates and when I said 4am, they looked at me in surprise that there was actually a time called 4am. so looks like im on my ownsome lonesome.

Hope it goes well, and see you there bright and early lol.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:43 PM   #97
prettierpixels
macrumors newbie

Sooo Excitied!

I'm going to head down there for about 6am. I'd go earlier, but I've got a party tomorrow night and don't want to be too knackered for that.

See you all there!

I'll be the guy playing Mario Kart on my DS.
prettierpixels is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:00 PM   #98
roblawton
macrumors 6502

Got a mini picnic sorted, a stool for the long wait and plenty of coffee!!

See you all when the doors open!!
roblawton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:18 PM   #99
d123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterflaps View Post
That link is great thanks.

I notice the carphone warehouse is opening at 6am. Do you think they'll be selling unlocked ones too?
CPW don't sell unlocked iPhones, it will be locked to the network you buy with it (whether PAYG or contract), and I doubt there will be any PAYG stock at CPW anyway.
d123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:25 PM   #100
sm9thy
macrumors newbie

im going on my own now brilliant my mate has bailed. brill looks like i will have to take my heaphones adnd listen music all morning.
sm9thy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups