Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1
MikeNemat
macrumors regular

Ottawa, Canada - Rideau Centre Apple Store - iPhone 5

Who's going to be lining up at the Rideau Centre?

Anyone have any thoughts on lining up at Bayshore instead of Rideau? A new apple store opened there on Sept 8. The rideau center kicks you out of the mall at 1AM I believe? This time of year it can make for a cold and wet overnight campout, not to mention that the parking situation is terrible at Rideau.

I doubt Bayshore will allow overnight lineups inside the mall, but with the nearby parking lot I think it might allow for a more comfortable experience.
MikeNemat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:48 AM   #2
rocketkev
macrumors newbie

I'll be personally going to the bayshore location to avoid the chaos that happens at Rideau every year. Most people don't know about it yet and it won't be as busy. They won't open the doors till the mall opens but worst case scenario since its close to parking, we could always take turns warming up in our cars if its cold while one of us stays in line. What time were you personally thinking of showing up?
rocketkev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:57 AM   #3
MikeNemat
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketkev View Post
I'll be personally going to the bayshore location to avoid the chaos that happens at Rideau every year. Most people don't know about it yet and it won't be as busy. They won't open the doors till the mall opens but worst case scenario since its close to parking, we could always take turns warming up in our cars if its cold while one of us stays in line. What time were you personally thinking of showing up?
I've usually showed up at Rideau around 1AM for previous launches and been around 50-75th in line. I'd be far more inclined to show up at Bayshore around 4-5AM. Usually I get the day off work but this time I'll have to go to work afterwards, so the more sleep the better.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:04 AM   #4
bugout
macrumors 6502a

As a friendly reminder, Apple won't be selling unlocked phones in store this year at launch. Only online.
bugout is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:03 AM   #5
rocketkev
macrumors newbie

Well I pre-ordered my phone online for my dad and reserved my phone on rogers so i won't be going to an apple store launch anymore.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Pistone
macrumors newbie

have a question ,where did you guys get your info on unavailable unlocked iPhone 5 at apple retail store at launch
Pistone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:28 PM   #7
KirkD
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Can’t wait! 5

I ordered my phone on line within 1hr of it becoming available and my expected delivery date is not until 6 Oct… Can’t live with that! Anyone want to hold me a place in line $50! Cheers 
KirkD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:14 PM   #8
MikeNemat
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistone View Post
have a question ,where did you guys get your info on unavailable unlocked iPhone 5 at apple retail store at launch
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-...on-launch-day/

Since the news was last posted, there's been a new update. They've removed some wording from the website that would suggest that they MAY have reconsidered the policy to not sell them unlocked.

Last edited by MikeNemat; Sep 19, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:23 PM   #9
KirkD
macrumors newbie

launch day #'s

Does anyone happen to know how many phones will be available on launch day at each of the stores… And if they are going to be locked I am wondering if it would not be smarter to line up outside Telus / Bell / Rogers stores, probably a much beter chance of getting one.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:30 AM   #10
KirkD
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 64G Black - Future Shop

So I went in to future shop yesterday and asked about the iPhone Launch and was told “we have lots of product available for Friday and if you would like to secure a particular unit you can reserve it for $50 towards your purchase now”… So I said “are you telling me I can reserve one now and then pick it up any time Friday” and he said “ yes…” so I said so if I give you $50 towards the purchase of my iPhone 5 I can pick it up Friday whenever I want and it is guaranteed to be here!” and he said “yes?” (While rolling his eyes and looking around to see if he could find another customer).

So I now have a 64G black on reserve for Friday (I think I will swing buy and pick it up around 12 when the store will not be busy).
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Sseguin
macrumors regular

Are they sold out yet?
Sseguin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:05 PM   #12
rocketkev
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sseguin View Post
Are they sold out yet?
I called and they don't have any stock in right now. You think that they may have some stock in tomorrow?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups