Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:13 PM   #1
marty1990
macrumors 6502

Anyone used Weebly?

I was asked to design a website for my local student union. I couldn't be bothered coding an entire new website - and the student union didn't care how I did it, as long as I incorporated the logo etc. I designed for it.

I stumbled across Weebly, and am currently using it. Just wondering what you think of it? Is it safe to use?

Thanks!
marty1990 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:11 PM   #2
MrAnthonySutton
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1990 View Post
I was asked to design a website for my local student union. I couldn't be bothered coding an entire new website - and the student union didn't care how I did it, as long as I incorporated the logo etc. I designed for it.

I stumbled across Weebly, and am currently using it. Just wondering what you think of it? Is it safe to use?

Thanks!
I think for your purpose, weebly would be perfect. It's very user friendly and easy to edit and maintain. It comes with some templates you can use to get started.
MrAnthonySutton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:18 PM   #3
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

have you got your own domain? can you spend any money to get software?
charlieegan3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:43 AM   #4
marty1990
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieegan3 View Post
have you got your own domain? can you spend any money to get software?
Nah, not really. We have a Student Union fund, and all the money is going towards the events week. We're not even sure if the advertising - posters, flyers etc. will be able to be printed because of the lack of money we have, hence me doing a free website to use as a means of advertising, so everything is just through Weebly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnthonySutton View Post
I think for your purpose, weebly would be perfect. It's very user friendly and easy to edit and maintain. It comes with some templates you can use to get started.
Okay sweet. I've got the basis of the site setup, but I wasn't sure on the safety/legitimately of it. When I think 'free hosting', I think of the those old dodgy free hosting sites.
marty1990 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development