Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tevinthao

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
I am a college student and I am looking for good note taking apps Besides Evernote.
I have tried circus pony but i hate it.
has anyone tried notefile?

Please let me know what other kinds note taking apps like Evernote.
I would like it to be user friendly, have editing features.

Thank you :)

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Why did you hate Notebook? That might guide us to what you're looking for.

If you like outlining, there's OmniOutliner. Or Taskpaper, which if you're handy with text allows you to tag stuff

Word also has a pretty good notetaking function, and of course it integrates with the word processor. It also does audio, which I found extremely handy for notetaking. Sort of like having a Livescribe pen, only typing. The audio benefits from having a real microphone.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
I am a college student and I am looking for good note taking apps Besides Evernote.
I have tried circus pony but i hate it.
has anyone tried notefile?

Please let me know what other kinds note taking apps like Evernote.
I would like it to be user friendly, have editing features.

Thank you :)

Why the hate for Evernote AND Circus Ponies Notebook...

I guess it depends on what you want and need to do...

For me, Evernote is awesome! I'm teaching my students to use it on their iPads.

As has been mentioned try the Omni groups offerings... You could also take a look at Devon Think...

Coachingguy

honorkid

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
I used to use evernote but once I started taking alot of notes it was hard finding them. I use semester planner which manages all my notes, assignments etc for a semester but there are plenty of apps out there that you can use to take notes. Pick one you love and stay with it.

Gugulino

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Switzerland
Sometimes I use Preview to take notes for PDF documents. The good thing is that the notes stick to the place on the PDF you want it to be. It is also possible to highlight words or sentences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.