Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emmanevada

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
First off, I know I'm talking about a phone that is nowhere close to existence. However, I was reading some forums about "why I am not upgrading/not excited, etc." and lots of people were saying "Why would I want the 5 when I can have the 5S 6 months later?". I personally have the 4S, but if I had previously had the 4, there is no way I would have upgraded. I hardly ever use Siri. The few other gimmicky apps it came with were a joke. Yes, it is slightly faster and has better cameras, but I totally would have held out for the 5. This is why I can't understand people who are downplaying the 5. It is (hopefully) a completely new design and if you all can recall, this is the phone we were all waiting on when the keynote for the 4S came out. Besides, if you wait another 6 months for the 5S, you could've just waited another 6 months for the iphone 6. So, in my opinion, that theory is just stupid. If you are satisfied with your plan and financially able to upgrade, go for it. Thoughts?

Last edited:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The 4S didn't come out 6 months after the 4 and we won't get the 5S in 6 months either.

And the 3GS didn't come out 6 months after the 3G, and the 3G didn't come out 6 months after the first iPhone.

OP needs to stop buying calendars with missing pages.

emmanevada

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Umm, ok so maybe my time frame was off by a few months? You're calling my post "stupid", yet you're too stupid to understand my point, which is that those who are bragging that they are on track with the 'S' phones are forgetting that at the last keynote, they were all rooting for an iphone 5 unveiling. Now, we are hopefully going to see a completely new design, but those same people are now saying they aren't interested. Is that an easier read for you? :rolleyes:

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I will buy the iPhone 5, and probably a 5s if they make one. I currently own a 4s and before that a 4, and before that a 3GS.

We've always been able to get them carrier unlocked (Australia), so you normally get 40-70% back when you sell the old one, so the upgrade fee isn't too bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.