Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:05 AM   #1
graytotoro
macrumors newbie

Defective Airport Extreme?

Hi all,

I bought an Airport Extreme card for my Power Mac G4 but it doesn't seem to work: OS X does not detect it at all in the resource monitor and the setup software doesn't detect it either.

So far I've reseated it four or five times and reset the PRAM and it's gotten to the point where the Mac doesn't even do the startup chime and instead the fans suddenly kick on at full blast.

Is the card defective or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It's a MDD FW800.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:22 AM   #2
crewkid89
macrumors regular

I don't know if you have already but look up the model number and double check it is compatible with your Mac. Also I know this sounds silly but I once received a PowerBook with the same issue, turns out the card wasn't fully seated.
crewkid89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs