Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Will my white 64GB iPod Touch become obsolete if a new model's announced today? :(

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Um... no... it will still work just fine. It's okay if you don't own the very latest of everything.

tyche

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
So is Siri an iOS 6 feature across everything that can install it or is 5g Touch / iPhone 4s/5 only?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Will my white 64GB iPod Touch become obsolete if a new model's announced today? :(

Yes. Everyone else is lying. Your iPod Touch is no good. In fact it should stop working pretty soon. Probably by midnight Apple will remotely shut it down. :rolleyes:

;)

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Oh I know, right? I was hoping they'd keep the same thickness and give it 128. 64 is just not enough these days. :-/
Given Apple's pricing scheme, $499 for a 128GB model would've been a commercial dud. They needed to restructure the pricing in order to add a 128GB option. And they certainly didn't want to do that and cut into their profit margin.

I will not downsize my 64GB 4G iPod Touch. At the same time...

...when I can buy 32GB microSD cards for under $10, I've been leaning towards devices that offer microSD card slots. Although I own 1/2 dozen iOS devices, I also own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and having a card slot is more useful and convenient than I originally thought it would be.

Having said all that, I'm really torn between a 64GB 5G Touch and a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.

Zedsdead185

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2006
UK

I found my 5th generation iPod the other day (The first one that could play video). I instantly plugged it into itunes, restored it, loaded all my music back onto it and have began using it on my hifi seperates system instead of my iPhone and it works like a gem.

Moral of the story: If you can still get good use out of the product and it satisfies your needs, then it is far from obsolete...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.