Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
London
Guys from the UK, lets go!

Here's some tools:

If you have Boxcar installed, add this service: http://notify.acudworth.co.uk and you'll get notified when pre-orders begin and go live.

Talking of pre-orders, we have an inkling that they'll begin at 08:00 AM, and here's how much you'll be paying:

16GB: £529.00
32GB: £599.00
64GB: £699.00

With regards to nano SIMs, 3 appear to be releasing them to those in the store and over the phone (the stores are a better bet). Other networks are quite messy and appear they will be releasing them on or around the launch of the iPhone 5 in the UK.

Hint: prepare yourself and try to use the Apple Store iPhone app, and remember to set your One Click/ Express Checkout options (both online and in the app [Settings->Account]).

Join us for the launch in realtime.

#MacRumorsiPhone5UK on irc.freenode.net or http://webchat.freenode.net

Contracts and Tariffs.

T-Mobile: Cheapest is £36 per month over 24 months.

GiffGaff: geoh0t has kindly provided nano SIMs for GiffGaff users. Note that payment of £1.98 is to be made.

Delivery and Shipment

No tracking details are available until your item is shipped.

Syncreon and UPS are handling the courier shipping this time.

Tracking Links:
Syncreon See note below
UPS tracking numbers start with 1Z or other alphanumeric sequence

Note:
To track with Syncreon, put the 'Tracking Number' down in the 'Order/Delivery No' box and the 'Your PO Number' in the 'Web Order No' box.

Update 13 SEPT 2012 // 2333: Pre-orders will begin at 0800 on Friday 14 SEPT 2012.
Update 14 SEPT 2012 // 0730: Carphone Warehouse reveals contracts and pricing availability for the iPhone 5. Contract pricing starts from £45 per month.
Update 19 SEPT 2012 // 1720: Orders are shipping

Note to Orange customers

anyone fancy joining me in a complaint to OFCOM reference Orange uks' dealing of this iphone launch?

Ive found there service and csr to be completely inept with regards to the differing information and lack of information regarding this launch. Even O2 are now starting to get things together.

if anyone is, could you please forward your experiences on jon.wealls@hotmail.com.

Could it be possible for the starter of this thread to also put this post as a sticky on the first page of this thread.

Regards

Jon

Last edited:

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
I may honestly go for EE, if the iPhone supports LTE in EE's frequency band... If not, I'll go to 3. Have quite a lot of friends on that network, they get great service with quite fast internet speeds.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
Thought about EE, but enough coverage for it to be worth it won't exist till xmas, and other networks can buy their chunk of spectrum on the new year.

I'll be going on a £20pm O2 Simplicity deal.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
Depends on the pricing. Im on Orange already so it would be a quick swap.

I'm pretty sure you're already on EE if you're on Orange, just the re-branding of their network and shops to be done over the next few weeks.

alflavor

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2010
Whittlesey, UK
Yep I'm in, on Orange UK, so should be simple to get the 4G, should it be announced and compatible. Not out of contract till Aug 2013 though with 4S, so will be looking to buy unlocked.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I might move to EE too

Depends on tariff costs, bet they will try to charge £10 more for a "4g enabled sim"

Plus its only being rolled out to some cities to start with apparently. Lets hope the new iphone utilises the same spectrums as t-mobile 4g. I'm sure it will.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hope giffgaff will do nanoSIMs, looking unlikely though :mad:

Probably will go back to 3, or EE if their prices are competitive. Wouldn't mind paying £5-10pm more for 4G.

johnnybon

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
it's not worth switching to EE just for 4 months IMO. I'll wait until EE find all the LTE issues, then O2 etc can come out with a more flushed product in the new year!

Buzzsaw

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2009
Leicestershire, UK
I'll stay with O2 if I can, i'm out of contract and due an upgrade, been on Simplicity for a few months now.

I'm hoping they do decent pre-orders - not turn up to a store and 'hope' they have one in stock like when I bought my iPhone 4!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.