Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:49 PM   #26
Chopstick217
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Chopstick217
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicsGeek View Post
Wow, I didn't know this even existed if it weren't for this thread. That was an easy $10 to spend. Just sent in my IMEI. I'll update when I get my unlocked email.
iPod Nano 8 GB JB Apple TV 2
Chopstick217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:21 PM   #27
projectone
macrumors member

iPhone 4S relocked

I'm not sure how many people are experiencing this, but I was successfully unlocked within the 12-24 hour time frame. After doing a restore, it seems to be relocked for some odd reason. When I put in a t-mobile sim, it said it was an incompatible sim card.

I thought it was not suppose to be relocked!

Emailed seller and seeing if it can be re-unlocked again. It would suck to have it working in the States and later on find out that it doesn't work cause its still locked.
projectone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:48 PM   #28
cschmelz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectone View Post
I'm not sure how many people are experiencing this, but I was successfully unlocked within the 12-24 hour time frame. After doing a restore, it seems to be relocked for some odd reason. When I put in a t-mobile sim, it said it was an incompatible sim card.

Emailed seller and seeing if it can be re-unlocked again. It would suck to have it working in the States and later on find out that it doesn't work cause its still locked.
Does anyone know how this works? How are these sellers getting this pushed into the system (which I believe, since it comes through iTunes HAS to be through Apple)

Why can they do this?? Anybody know?
cschmelz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:58 PM   #29
dave006
macrumors 68000

Quote:

Did you do a restore as "New" or just restore your backup?

1. Backup the iPhone ( use iTunes or iCloud ) / to keep all passwords / network settings us an encrypted back ( password is required ).
2. Restore as New or or use Erase all Settings and Data on iPhone
3. Restore from Backup.

iPhone should now be unlocked. You can also check the Apple status using this site: http://iphoneox.com/

Dave
dave006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:09 PM   #30
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:

Which seller did you use?
monkeydodo3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:15 PM   #31
OriginalClone
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
What time did you submit it? And yesterday as in Saturday? How long did it take for you to get the email? They usually don't process them on weekends according to their eBay listing, but hopefully that's not the case since I ordered mine around 8:15 PST last night from unlock fusion.
I submitted at 5:35pm Saturday and received an email at 11:30am today saying my unlock was completed and to restore via iTunes. Did that and got the unlocked message. I'm in contract with AT&T until October 2013 and tried many times to get it unlocked through AT&T to no avail.

----------

Quote:
Which seller did you use?
Based on his replies to me I'm sure he used unlock fusion. They're the cheapest working solution IMO.
OriginalClone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:21 PM   #32
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalClone View Post
I submitted at 5:35pm Saturday and received an email at 11:30am today saying my unlock was completed and to restore via iTunes. Did that and got the unlocked message. I'm in contract with AT&T until October 2013 and tried many times to get it unlocked through AT&T to no avail.

----------

Based on his replies to me I'm sure he used unlock fusion. They're the cheapest working solution IMO.
Hopefully this doesn't happen to me. It's been 21 hours since I ordered my unlock from unlock fusion (8:16 PM PST), but then again, it's the weekend, and he supposedly doesn't process them on the weekend. Time to pray to the unlocking gods that I get unlocked and that it's permanent.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:24 PM   #33
Cubeeless
macrumors regular

Thumbs up, dont question this service, hope it will work for iPhone5
Cubeeless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:28 PM   #34
PharmDoc
macrumors 6502

I just used a seller named korter_gsm a few days ago for my brother's 4s that AT&T won't unlock. It took about a day and cost only $10 and I didn't even restore it. We are visiting the uk and he's been using a 3 sim with no probs.
PharmDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:08 PM   #35
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Another unlock fusion customer here. Worked perfectly for my 4s. Doing a full restore first is the secret!! Yay!
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:46 AM   #36
projectone
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave006 View Post
Did you do a restore as "New" or just restore your backup?

iPhone should now be unlocked. You can also check the Apple status using this site: http://iphoneox.com/

Dave
Yup, tried normal restore, restore to backup, restore as new, DFU restore. Tired it on my MBA, MBP and a Win 7 pc.

All returns the same result. Works only with my ATT sim. I know my t-mobile sim works cause it worked perfectly fine after receiving the "your phone is unlocked" email. Just wish it would last longer.

http://iphoneox.com/ says my phone is locked.

Still awaiting for a reply email from unlock_fusion. It's Monday so i'm expecting a response today. I just hope it wasn't processed properly by ATT and that they can redo my unlock.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:53 AM   #37
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

Is there a way to make sure the phone is unlocked without a tmobile sim? I bought an unlock sat night and got it yesterday but I don't have a tmobile sim to check. I unlocked it to sell for more when my 5 shows up.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:11 AM   #38
projectone
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
Is there a way to make sure the phone is unlocked without a tmobile sim? I bought an unlock sat night and got it yesterday but I don't have a tmobile sim to check. I unlocked it to sell for more when my 5 shows up.
When you restore and connect your phone to itunes to activate, after it activates, you should received a message like "Congratulations, your phone is unlocked!"

It showed me that when I activated the phone through itunes with my ATT sim, at least when it worked it did.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave006 View Post

Dave
If you could help me, this is what I get when I check my phone:

Device IMEI: 0130060xxxxxxxx
Product description: iPhone 4S 16GB White
Telephone technical support: Active
Telephone support expiration date: November 7, 2013
Warranty(repairs and service coverage): Active (limits apply)
Warranty expiration date: November 7, 2013
Activation status: Activated
Is registered: Yes
Sim lock status: Locked Unlock your iPhone
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:24 PM   #39
sd13
macrumors regular

I just unlocked mine using unlock_fusion and i am wondering: Does this method of "factory" unlocking the phone void any warranty like applecare or applecare+?
sd13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:56 AM   #40
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
I just unlocked mine using unlock_fusion and i am wondering: Does this method of "factory" unlocking the phone void any warranty like applecare or applecare+?
No it doesn't. If you need to get your iPhone replaced, Apple should replace your phone with a factory unlocked one.

----------

Quote:
When you restore and connect your phone to itunes to activate, after it activates, you should received a message like "Congratulations, your phone is unlocked!"

It showed me that when I activated the phone through itunes with my ATT sim, at least when it worked it did.

----------

If you could help me, this is what I get when I check my phone:

Device IMEI: 0130060xxxxxxxx
Product description: iPhone 4S 16GB White
Telephone technical support: Active
Telephone support expiration date: November 7, 2013
Warranty(repairs and service coverage): Active (limits apply)
Warranty expiration date: November 7, 2013
Activation status: Activated
Is registered: Yes
Sim lock status: Locked Unlock your iPhone
Did he reply yet? If he did, what'd he say? If he didn't, keep us updated please. If he really doesn't reply, just resort to opening a dispute with him on Paypal. I just got my unlock from unlock fusion today with the Congratz message from iTunes both times I deactivated and connected it to iTunes, but the websites still say that I'm locked. My SIM doesn't come in until tmrw or Thursday, so I'm scared that it'll lock back up before I even get a chance to use it as a phone.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:54 AM   #41
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Will this work with the iPhone 5?
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:48 AM   #42
indyzzzz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Castro View Post
Will this work with the iPhone 5?
Probably. But one should wait for the dust to settle on these phones getting "re-locked" after being unlocked.
indyzzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:00 AM   #43
GraphicsGeek
macrumors 6502a

My 4S is now factory unlocked thanks to Unlock_Fusion on ebay. I had no problems at all. I even restored to the iOS6 GM and it is still unlocked. I'm so glad I found this thread!
GraphicsGeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:07 PM   #44
projectone
macrumors member

Quote:

Did he reply yet?
No he didn't. I went with someone else. And it got unlocked within 5 minutes.

Doing a dispute as the phone got relocked when it has it in bold "100% permanent."

I think I was one of the very few that got relocked. So you are probably fine.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:24 PM   #45
circusbass
macrumors regular

So let me get this straight. If I get my iPhone 4 unlocked via AT&T or other sources I can reset the phone to factory settings and the phone remains unlocked?

I am trying to list my iPhone on eBay as unlocked so I can get a little more money in my pocket. Any help would be appreciated.
circusbass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:27 PM   #46
Swampthing
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlepage View Post
The way I understand it you're essentially paying for someone to add your IMEI to a "white list" allowing it to be unlocked... As I understand these are maybe AT&T employees looking to make a little $$ on the side?
If so, then it's probably not a good idea to post about this too often. If they are AT&T employees and access the database through their laptops, and one of their supervisors just happens to read these forums, those employees are quickly SOL. They might also face charges if AT&T can drum some up...

You might say.. how could they trace them, right? Well you did all just post pretty close to the time/date when your IMEI numbers were added to the database so that gives them a great running start. Some of you even mentioned the specific models. If there are a couple of people adding all these entries, you've just toasted them.

So might be a good idea to stay hush hush, before more identifiable information is leaked out...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:33 PM   #47
BigB82
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to BigB82
I really doubt its employees. there are tons of shops and online places that both do it. in fact I am sure of it
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:39 PM   #48
Swampthing
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82 View Post
I really doubt its employees. there are tons of shops and online places that both do it. in fact I am sure of it
Tons of shops and online places have write access to AT&T's internal IMEI database? Really. Think about what you are saying...

Even if they aren't employees, there is enough ammo in this thread (times, dates, models) to give any AT&T Fraud watch employee something to work with...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:56 PM   #49
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
No he didn't. I went with someone else. And it got unlocked within 5 minutes.

Doing a dispute as the phone got relocked when it has it in bold "100% permanent."

I think I was one of the very few that got relocked. So you are probably fine.
Hopefully I'm safe. I can't really test if I'm unlocked or not yet since my micro SIM didn't come in yet. But I've deactivated and connected to iTunes 4 times since I was unlocked yesterday and I'm still getting the Congratz message. I think I should be fine cause I'm pretty sure getting the message from iTunes is more accurate than the IMEI check websites that still say I'm locked when I clearly get the message from iTunes.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:36 PM   #50
jlyanks85
macrumors 6502a

I sent my request for unlock yesterday at 5 pm and they sent me a email that my phone was unlocked at 1pm today. Had the congrats message when I completed the restore process.

They say it's permanently unlocked, but my luck it will go back to being locked when I update the firmware.

It's def worth the 10 bucks though.
jlyanks85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
ebay, iphone 4s, unlock