Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
after the S3
I mean I bet 90 percent feels the same way
they said Steve worked very hard on this iPhone

This iPhone should had been the iPhone 4S
this iPhone seems already outdated for being released in late 2012
I mean if this iPhone came out in June 2012 than it would be okay
but September 2012 ?? I feel upset
but maybe in person that all will change
the design is great but the hardware is the only thing I am worried about
I just hope in person this iPhone is very better...

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hardware wise? NFC is missing.

Just about everything else can be fixed with an iOS update, which I think is what people are actually upset about. Because lets face it, the hardware in this phone is fantastic.

physicsguy13

Contributor
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
The GSIII is basically the same as the GSII with a bigger screen but we keep hearing that it is so revolutionary. I just don't see what the revolution is so hopefully someone will explain what earth shattering things Samsung came up with that makes that the ultimate phone.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
The GSIII is basically the same as the GSII with a bigger screen but we keep hearing that it is so revolutionary. I just don't see what the revolution is so hopefully someone will explain what earth shattering things Samsung came up with that makes that the ultimate phone.

I don't think any Samsung or iPhone is revolutionary in recent times. They all have been minor updates, sometimes that minor update may be major to others though.

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011

s3 is quad core the s2 was dual core

but yeah this generation is very much an incremental update. Although the bigger screen does feel you get good value.

Last edited:

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
after the S3
I mean I bet 90 percent feels the same way
they said Steve worked very hard on this iPhone

This iPhone should had been the iPhone 4S
this iPhone seems already outdated for being released in late 2012
I mean if this iPhone came out in June 2012 than it would be okay
but September 2012 ?? I feel upset
but maybe in person that all will change
the design is great but the hardware is the only thing I am worried about
I just hope in person this iPhone is very better...

What exactly are you missing from the iPhone 5 that you have in the S3?

The iPhone 5 has a faster dual core processor than the US S3 LTE's dual core processor and even compared to the quad core found in the international version the iPhone 5 is likely still faster in the real world due to the fact that most smartphone apps do not take advantage of quad cores and a faster clock speed on 2 cores will be much better than a slightly more overall power on 4 cores.

With the LTE Galaxy S3 you get the same amount of ram as in the iPhone 5, yes the non-LTE one has more, but then you don't get LTE.

The rear camera is 6.25 times better in low light (2.2 stops) and while they have the same sensor resolution, the 4S's lens captures almost twice the detail of the S3's lens.

The front camera does have less resolution 1.2 megapixels vs 1.3 but it has much better low light performance, which is the benchmark for a webcam.

The iPhone 5 has 3 microphones for much better call quality, noise canceling and voice command understanding and it has wideband audio. None of which are found on the S3 (though samsung will upgrade the S3 to wideband audio, the microphones are still worse)

It's the thinnest smartphone in the world which makes it thinner than the S3.

It has the best build quality in the segment, made of just aluminium and glass being machined out of solid blocks of aluminium, like Breitling watches with no plastic whatsoever any more. The S3 is nasty cheap toys r us plastic.

It has the best LTE battery life of any phone thanks to the latest revolutionary low power LTE chip. It has more talk time on LTE than the S3 by 20%.

It has a screen of supperior quality which is shaprer, and more vibrant with greater PPI, ontop of that the iPhone 5's screen is more than TWICE as bright as the Galaxy S3's screen.

So tell me again what you're missing from the iPhone 5 that the S3 has? It seems the S3 is the one that's missing a lot of qualities between the two.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.