Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Used to have internet sharing working fine (full 10mbps DL speed) on SL and Lion 10.7.3, then i clean installed ML (updated to 10.8.1). Problem is connected devices DL/UL speed can't reach above 2mbps (200 kbs) when my host connection works at 10mbps. Sharing used to work at full speed. I've tried renaming network id, no encryption, different channels, etc. This is on Macbook Pro 13 early 2011.

Can anyone test the internet sharing in system preferences. Connect a device then speed test it. See if it gets your full speed or is capped at 2mbps?

Can't believe apple is having so many problems with internet sharing in the last few updates. :(

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Just enabled it on my iMac connected with ethernet to my iPad 3 over WiFi and iPad was pulling 19Mb/s.

Me and my step son use it once to twice a month with our MacBooks and haven't had a problems, me on ML him on SL.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Just enabled it on my iMac connected with ethernet to my iPad 3 over WiFi and iPad was pulling 19Mb/s.

Me and my step son use it once to twice a month with our MacBooks and haven't had a problems, me on ML him on SL.
Hrmm.. I'm using an external Wifi card, then sharing through built in wifi. It used to work fine.

Can anyone else test and share results?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.