Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I usually just go to the store and stand in line with new iPhone releases but I'd like to pre-order now.

Given everyone's experience what time do you think pre-orders will start? Because I hear pre-orders sell out very quickly so I want to make sure I get in on time. Should I wait until midnight friday or 8am on friday?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

m

ematsui

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
I usually just go to the store and stand in line with new iPhone releases but I'd like to pre-order now.

Given everyone's experience what time do you think pre-orders will start? Because I hear pre-orders sell out very quickly so I want to make sure I get in on time. Should I wait until midnight friday or 8am on friday?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

m

no one knows yet chief

1goodidea

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
damn. apple site says its available from friday sep 14, but I guess I'll just come back in seventeen hours time...

I was hoping it would be midnight Aus as well. I even asked an Apple guy in George St, Sydney store today and he thought it would be midnight. Might try a few more times....

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
I'm sure hoping that the preorder process isn't as bogged as last year.

I'm so stoked but will be dragging tomorrow, lol.

I am gonna try to stay home "sick" from work the day it's delivered. Let's hope I get a good tracking number/info so I'll know which day. :)

1goodidea

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
I was referring to the aussie apple website. man why does pst have to be so far behind? :p

I don't think it will be as long as PST for us in Aus. I'm guessing by 8 am AEST they will be available to preorder. I just don't know when...

Anyone in Aus preorder a 4S?

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I was gonna make this thread, because I haven't seen it on search.

Looks like it's gonna be a LATE night for me :) I can't even FREAKING WAIT.

I need to get rid of this P.O.S. Droid Bionic, it was the worst decision of my life to leave the iPhone :(

lilpete

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
Australia
I don't think it will be as long as PST for us in Aus. I'm guessing by 8 am AEST they will be available to preorder. I just don't know when...

I could be wrong, but I think I remember pre-orders for the 4S starting around 6pm last year. I was thinking of trying with the Apple store app instead of the website, anyone have any experience with this?

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

I think they are going to base ALL sales off of PST.

They don't seem to really care what time that is around the world. It's 3am for me, and I'm in the U.S.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm sure hoping that the preorder process isn't as bogged as last year.

I'm so stoked but will be dragging tomorrow, lol.

I am gonna try to stay home "sick" from work the day it's delivered. Let's hope I get a good tracking number/info so I'll know which day. :)

I do not think it will be as bad in the past b.c 1) carriers are holding people more accountable for their 2-year contract, whereas in the past they always let you upgrade at just $199. 2) verizon making people pay full retail to retain their current plans. Those two factors will probably drop pre-orders/general sales massively IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.