iPhone 5 LTE tether without jailbreak? - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:57 PM   #51
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
I don't know just the whole process I guess but you can always revert back to iOS if need be, right? Anyway I didn't think there was a JB of the latest iOS.....
Yes it is really not that hard, the last JB for 5.1.1 was very easy, basically plug and play. Cydia acts as your App Store, just take it slow on what you add and tweak and it really is a great experience.

However you are correct there is no JB for the 5 yet, but i think once iOs 6.1 drops we will see it.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:40 PM   #52
locoboi187
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE1 View Post
I am sure that the jailbreak for it will be out very soon
TV 3
locoboi187 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:05 PM   #53
jonslider
macrumors newbie

I just jailbroke my ATTUsa iPhone 5, FW 6.1
installed PdaNet, it did not work, I could not enable tethering either by USB, nor by hotspot.
Removed PdaNet
jonslider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:08 PM   #54
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslider View Post
I just jailbroke my ATTUsa iPhone 5, FW 6.1
installed PdaNet, it did not work, I could not enable tethering either by USB, nor by hotspot.
Removed PdaNet
That and many jb packages will obviously need to be updated. The jb has only been out for hours now.
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:58 AM   #55
jonslider
macrumors newbie

after installing PDANet, my Weather app stopped opening, touching the icon would open the app and then immediately it would quit.

Uninstalling PDANet did not solve the problem, I had to restore my iPhone 5 to remove the Jailbreak.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:15 PM   #56
rebar
macrumors newbie

Boy, sure hope my new iphone5 tethers to my laptop when I travel.. salesman said he'd set it up for me.

first post.. can you tell?
rebar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:20 PM   #57
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebar View Post
Boy, sure hope my new iphone5 tethers to my laptop when I travel.. salesman said he'd set it up for me.

first post.. can you tell?
If you're paying for tethering on your plan then you're fine and have nothing to worry about. The posts in this thread are for people trying to tether without paying their carrier for it.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:12 AM   #58
rebar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEmajr View Post
If you're paying for tethering on your plan then you're fine and have nothing to worry about. The posts in this thread are for people trying to tether without paying their carrier for it.
The way the salesman explained it, I could do it myself and if I had issues to come see him.. He never said it was a extra cost..
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:47 AM   #59
jonslider
macrumors newbie

> salesman said he'd set it up for me.

that means he added the feature to your account. Look at your bill, you're paying 20 a month for tethering, if you're with ATT Usa.

The alternative was to Jailbreak and use a Cydia app called TetherMe, that costs $5 one time. If you want to know whether you can jailbreak your version of the iPhone software, go to iClarified.com and look at their jail breaking tutorials.

> He never said it was a extra cost..

he also never said it was free.. all features cost money. Tethering is an additional feature that salespeople can add to a customer account. It is an upsell.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:09 AM   #60
rebar
macrumors newbie

Im reading "It is free if you're on a a Share Everything plan." Im with Verizon.

Which my family has.. But I cant find anything on "my verizon" saying I have tethering, or a option to buy it.

tethering verizon
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:23 AM   #61
wxman2003
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Im reading "It is free if you're on a a Share Everything plan." Im with Verizon.

Which my family has.. But I cant find anything on "my verizon" saying I have tethering, or a option to buy it.

tethering verizon
Turn it on in your iphone. If it doesnt allow it, it will tell you to call verizon.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:42 AM   #62
rebar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
Turn it on in your iphone. If it doesn't allow it, it will tell you to call verizon.
The iphone5 allows it allright.
But says "additional usage charges may apply" but I'm unclear if that means another plan cost, or just the additional data used when tethering.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:04 PM   #63
wxman2003
macrumors 65816

Quote:
The iphone5 allows it allright.
But says "additional usage charges may apply" but I'm unclear if that means another plan cost, or just the additional data used when tethering.
This means if you go over the data limit, you will be charged extra. On my phone, I have unlimited data, but am not allowed to tether unless I pay $30 more a month. When I try to activate tethering on phone, a banner tells me to add a tethering plan.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:15 PM   #64
dmelgar
macrumors 65816

If someone is on the tiered data plan with Verizon, is tethering included? Should they be able to turn on hotspot tethering and have no additional charge if within their data limit?

Is it something that Verizon has to approve first? Should it be included based on the FCC ruling?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 08:40 PM   #65
T4R06
macrumors 6502a

I have tmobile and tethering just works without any restrictions on iOS 7 GM. I have unlimited plan. Yea no throttling
T4R06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone