Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMB15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
"The iPhone 5 will come in white or black. The black version will have a black anodized aluminum back while the white version will have a raw aluminum back"

What do they mean with raw vs anodized?

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
"The iPhone 5 will come in white or black. The black version will have a black anodized aluminum back while the white version will have a raw aluminum back"

What do they mean with raw vs anodized?

The anodized is aluminium with a black finish. The 'raw' is basically a more silvery/metalic finish same as the current iPhone 4/4S antenna band.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
The gun metal black looks cool, but I am really drawn to the white model when looking at the website. I have never really been into white iOS devices, but I think the raw aluminum back with the matching band is really attractive. Probably because it looks more like a Mac.

Marky

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
The gun metal black looks cool, but I am really drawn to the white model when looking at the website. I have never really been into white iOS devices, but I think the raw aluminum back with the matching band is really attractive. Probably because it looks more like a Mac.

Exactly the same here, never been fussed on the white devices always gone for the black ones but finding myself tempted by the white one this time for the same reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.