Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frocktar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Ive have now posted twice on the Apple site forums regarding ios maps missing features in Australia, plus admittedly a bit of a rant about some of their actions with regard to the Pro community, ie MacPro updates, FCPX. Plus a concern about their new ability to remotely shut off people iphone cameras.

Is this normal behaviour from them? I was/am extremely surprised, and frankly even more concerned than i was before.

Frocktar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
three times now!

the last one was just asking why are deleting my posts, with the questions "is it because i mentioned your patent to remotely turn off our cameras"

It seems they don't want that becoming general knowledge. Guess i don't blame them, its turned me off them and my house is like an Apple showroom.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
That's because it's strictly a support forum. Any post not related so some technical issue is naturally going to be deleted. If you wish to give them feedback then use this page.

DVD9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
thats just not true, ive used the forums before.

This site is full of Apple store employees.

I've seen posts in different places about Apple deleting posts about the Retina MacBook image retention issue. Apparently they gave up on that.

You're better off posting about such matters here.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
They're mainly "support" forums, to discuss issues you're having with services/hardware ... not to discuss the merits of the aforementioned. Macrumors is better for that :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Apple keeps a tight leash on the conversation. One of my posts many years ago was deleted when I asked for speculation about an upcoming hardware debut... Oh well, now I use MRs to talk about that. ;)

Frocktar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Im becoming increasingly disillusioned with them :(
And i was/am a bit of an Apple junkie.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Im becoming increasingly disillusioned with them :(
And i was/am a bit of an Apple junkie.

This is yet another byproduct of their massive success year after year. The slightest tear in the RDF can go viral like wild fire and rip wide open. The mods on their boards have become considerably more protective of the brand over the past few years.

Frocktar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Time for an AA meeting.

lol, i think you are right. :)

----------

This is yet another byproduct of their massive success year after year. The slightest tear in the RDF can go viral like wild fire and rip wide open. The mods on their boards have become considerably more protective of the brand over the past few years.

Whats RDF btw? i get the gist of course, but curious to its exact meaning.

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
Ive have now posted twice on the Apple site forums regarding ios maps missing features in Australia, plus admittedly a bit of a rant about some of their actions with regard to the Pro community, ie MacPro updates, FCPX. Plus a concern about their new ability to remotely shut off people iphone cameras.

Is this normal behaviour from them? I was/am extremely surprised, and frankly even more concerned than i was before.

It is a site solely for getting and giving technical assistance. I very rarely ask for help anywhere, but I did get a post deleted there once dealing with a particularly frustrating but now forgotton issue

.Post only technical support questions and answers, unless otherwise noted.
Be polite, constructive and stay on topic.
Search for questions similar to your own before submitting a new question to the community.
Reward helpful community members by marking answers to your questions as helpful and correct.
Avoid speculation and rumors.
https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/etiquette.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.