Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Anyone have a list of the carriers that will support Wideband Audio on the iPhone 5?

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Well, Sprint's data network is complete crap right now. Sometimes, it's unusable. And last thing they want to do is to make it worse by allowing HD Voice on a huge influx of iPhone 5 users that will surely come. Maybe after their Network Vision plan is nearing completion, they may flip the switch.

On a side note. I called a friend of mine who has Evo 4G LTE from mine, and did not hear anything special.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for the link. I read on iMore that Sprint won't support it... http://www.imore.com/sprint-wont-be-supporting-hd-voice-iphone-5

I think Apple said they have 20 partners?
Yeah they did, but the two Cook rattled off where both UK carriers which leads me to believe that it won't be on Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T. I don't think we will see this in the US for a little bit. (Which is what I am assuming you care about since it says you are from Colorado)

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Yeah they did, but the two Cook rattled off where both UK carriers which leads me to believe that it won't be on Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T. I don't think we will see this in the US for a little bit. (Which is what I am assuming you care about since it says you are from Colorado)

Indeed you're right, I'm looking to see if it will be available on Verizon. Oh well hopefully it will come later.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I hope it comes to Verizon as well. On the bright side Verizon doesn't care if we use FaceTime over cellular!

That's definitely a plus, except my family has AT&T and they don't have a shared plan. So I won't be able to FaceTime with them, unless they're on Wi-Fi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.