Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
On stage, Phil was talking about that "simply amazing" display of the new iPhone 5. It has 44% more color saturation and Apple managed to integrate the touch sensors into the screen itself.

Does anybody also think that it must be based on the Sharp's new display technology called IGZO? IGZO truly deserves to be called the "world's most advanced display" and reportedly Apple had plans to use it in iOS products. I really hope it is the case.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/01/sharps-igzo-displays-on-display-at-ifa-berlin-better-touch-sensitivity-smaller-bezels-galleryvideo/

Let's discuss this possibility here.

Last edited:

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
It's IPS. If it was IGZO, all the tech sites would be over it.

Last edited:

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
On stage, Phil was talking about that "simply amazing" display of the new iPhone 5. It has 44% more color saturation and Apple managed to integrate the touch panel into the screen itself.

Does anybody also think that it must be based on the Sharp's new display technology called IGZO? I really hope it is the case.

Let's discuss this topic here.

Fixed that for yah.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
It's IPS. If it was IZGO, all the tech sites would be over it.

I have to disagree with you. Tech sites had no chance to test and disassemble the new iPhone and Apple are well-known for omitting to mention the manufacturers of components of their products (Gorilla glass from Corning, for instance). So, it is still possible we have to deal with the new Sharp's technology here.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
On stage, Phil was talking about that "simply amazing" display of the new iPhone 5. It has 44% more color saturation and Apple managed to integrate the touch sensors into the screen itself.

Does anybody also think that it must be based on the Sharp's new display technology called IGZO? IGZO truly deserves to be called the "world's most advanced display" and reportedly Apple had plans to use it in iOS products. I really hope it is the case.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/01/sharp...ouch-sensitivity-smaller-bezels-galleryvideo/

Let's discuss this possibility here.
I think he said that for marketing purposes...what was he going to say? "This display looks pretty good, better then last years"

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I think he said that for marketing purposes...what was he going to say? "This display looks pretty good, better then last years"

I don't think so. IGZO technology makes it possible to achieve better colors (44% color saturation in the new iPhone) and reduce power consumption of the display (as stated, the battery life of the new iPhone will improve).. How can you have those by using the same old IPS displays?

It is probably not only the 32nm A6-chip but also the IGZO screen that are used by Apple to gain this advantage.

----------

It's IPS. If it was IGZO, all the tech sites would be over it.

After they get their hands on the new device, we will know for sure. Now, it is only a speculation that might be quite accurate.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5926624/that-thinner-iphone-screen-could-mean-insanely-good-battery-life

twintin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Sweden
Apple managed to integrate the touch sensors into the screen itself.

Seems Sony uses a similar technology in one of their newest devices

1349400427.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.