Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tikibangout

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hi, I can't figure out how to share between an iBook and a PC. Both have the same version of iTunes, set preferences to share music. I have an Airport Express connected to my router, as well as my bros PC is connected the router. And still I get nothing, is this something to do with AE or something? Thanks.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
So you can't see the other computer's playlists despite being on the same network? The preferences have to be set so that not only do you share your music, but you find other libraries too. It's in the same area of the preferences interface, are they both checked/ticked? :)

werdcire

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2004
Texas
To share in iTunes you also must have port 3689 open. This can be block by Firewall software in OS X (System Preference > Sharing > Firewall > New... > iTunes sharing and TCP 3689)

It may also be blocked by firewall software on the PC or on the router itself.

So if the preferences in iTunes itself are set correctly, then check to see if the port is open on both machines and the router...

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.