Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:06 AM   #51
hellothere231
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Probably not gonna get it. It looks a lot like an ipod touch. I have a ipod touch, so i don't need this. Looks like it's straight out of a concept video on youtube though. But why dosen't the ipod nano 7g have a camera? The ipod nano 5g had one (i think). So why not put it on the ipod nano 7g?
__________________
Macbook Pro 13" Late 2011 Baseline;
8gb iPod touch 4g on 5.1.1 jailbroken;
iPod nano 3g
hellothere231 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:11 AM   #52
Dark Void
macrumors 68000
 
Dark Void's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctony View Post
I've been trimming down my library. But I would still love one of these in a 64 GB flavor to replace my 120 GB iPod classic. The software is really painful to use after having the touch interface.
It's not so bad, click-wheel is nice.
__________________
`
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB 1067 MHz 256GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Desktop 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5-3570K 8GB 1600 MHz 2TB 7200 RPM HDD AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB
Dark Void is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:36 AM   #53
LostSoul80
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
- Where is the camera?
- Where are the 32GB?
- The only acceptable colors are graphite and silver, but dual tone is still ugly, maybe OK in silver.
I don't get the point of having yet another camera. Isn't your smartphone/tablet/camera/dSLR enough? Why would I want a camera, a crappy quality one because of the size of the player, in my music player? Because yes, it's a music player.

I'm pretty happy with 16 GB for everyday use, and consider I have a lossless library. Thing is, I don't usually listen to 1000s of songs everytime.

As for the color, that's really subjective. I still haven't chosen one.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:32 PM   #54
cube
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
I don't get the point of having yet another camera. Isn't your smartphone/tablet/camera/dSLR enough? Why would I want a camera, a crappy quality one because of the size of the player, in my music player? Because yes, it's a music player.

I'm pretty happy with 16 GB for everyday use, and consider I have a lossless library. Thing is, I don't usually listen to 1000s of songs everytime.

As for the color, that's really subjective. I still haven't chosen one.
I have a 16GB 5th gen which has a camera, so the new one is a downgrade.

I would have bought the reduced functionality 6th gen if it had been a storage upgrade, as 16GB is not enough.

If you look around a bit, you will find many people saying the white+pastel iPods are horrible.
cube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:36 PM   #55
Berek
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
By removing the belt clip they removed the best part about the nano. I don't want an arm band and I dont want a belt or case to put it in while I'm running or working out. Get a last gen nano while you can.
Berek is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:40 PM   #56
LostSoul80
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
I have a 16GB 5th gen which has a camera, so the new one is a downgrade.

I would have bought the reduced functionality 6th gen if it had been a storage upgrade, as 16GB is not enough.

If you look around a bit, you will find many people saying the white+pastel iPods are horrible.
Of course, if the only factor you consider is the camera, then sure, the new Nano is a downgrade. But apparently you're missing the multitouch screen (which I think is going to deliver a great performance in browsing songs) and bluetooth capability, along with new colors.
As for the color, why should I care about what some people think? It doesn't affect my personal taste at all. I like the new colors.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:57 PM   #57
cube
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
Of course, if the only factor you consider is the camera, then sure, the new Nano is a downgrade. But apparently you're missing the multitouch screen (which I think is going to deliver a great performance in browsing songs) and bluetooth capability, along with new colors.
As for the color, why should I care about what some people think? It doesn't affect my personal taste at all. I like the new colors.
I don't care about the bigger multitouch screen.

The point about the colour is that you said it is 'subjective', but many people agree on this, although you may not. If many people don't like it, it is objectively a FAIL, as the point is to sell as many as possible.

Previous generations enticed you to collect all colours. And some people will find silver and black boring, so they will get nothing.
cube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:10 PM   #58
LostSoul80
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
The point about the colour is that you said it is 'subjective', but many people agree on this, although you may not. If many people don't like it, it is objectively a FAIL, as the point is to sell as many as possible.
Can you specify what you mean by saying "many people"? Have you conducted a study, written a paper or a research on the matter? If so, how come you have done it before the product has even been released?

Also, I stated it is subjective in that everyone is free to like a colour over the others.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:13 PM   #59
cube
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
Can you specify what you mean by saying "many people"? Have you conducted a study, written a paper or a research on the matter? If so, how come you have done it before the product has even been released?

Also, I stated it is subjective in that everyone is free to like a colour over the others.
Just look on twitter how many people are calling the new iPods "ugly", "horrible", "disgusting", "fail".
cube is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:07 PM   #60
adildacoolset
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lusaka, Zambia(If you know where it is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFather View Post
Steve would have never allowed this.
And what if he did???
__________________
Last edited by adildacoolset; Tomorrow at 09:42 AM. Reason: grammar error
adildacoolset is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:24 PM   #61
ftaok
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: East Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
Just look on twitter how many people are calling the new iPods "ugly", "horrible", "disgusting", "fail".
And how many of these people on Twitter have actually seen a 7G nano in person?

My typical reaction to Apple products shown at a Keynote or Special Event is "meh". But then I see the products in person and my opinion changes. I remember having negative reactions to the 3G and 6G nanos, but then I saw them in person and I changed my opinion 180deg.
__________________
Flickr
ftaok is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:38 PM   #62
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a
 
KeepCalmPeople's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California
In summary...

It seems almost everybody thinks the new nano is missing one feature that would make it perfect:
For some it's wi-fi and wireless music downloads from iCloud.
For some it's a bigger capacity.
For some it's a camera.
For some it's the clip from the 6th gen.
For me it's GPS, instead of the crappy and highly inaccurate Nike+ setup.

I think if had all those features it would be essentially a smaller iPod touch but without the ability to install apps.
Sure would be a fantastic workout and running device though.
KeepCalmPeople is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:59 PM   #63
6GenNANO
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek View Post
By removing the belt clip they removed the best part about the nano. I don't want an arm band and I dont want a belt or case to put it in while I'm running or working out. Get a last gen nano while you can.
I agree 1,000,000%

My dream nano would be 6gen form factor with clip, sweat resistant, bluetooth, and with GPS.

However, I have the feeling that Apple is going to release a sport watch with all 6 gen features + bluetooth down the road, and that's why they killed the 6g nano and nano watches now.

Last edited by 6GenNANO; Sep 15, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
6GenNANO is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:49 PM   #64
Ariii
macrumors 6502a
 
Ariii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
I love how this Nano looks. Once they introduce a camera again, it will be perfect. But this UI is ugly, it would be so much nicer to have one that's less like iOS, and it makes no sense that there's no choice of wallpaper. Somebody should make something like RockBox, since it clearly is capable of doing more than Apple's letting it do. It looks so much better without the clip IMO.
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:39 PM   #65
seong
macrumors 6502a
 
seong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Every thing is great on the new iPod nano. But..... I WANT MY IWATCH!
It would have been great if Tim popped out of nowhere, saying "But.. there is one more thing...,' *looks at his watch* *tap and hold for two seconds* "Siri, remind me to buy bread at the grocery store.' That could have been SICK!

Regardless of my fantasy, yes, the new nano is great.
__________________
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish. -Steve Jobs-
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2013 | iPhone 5
seong is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:42 PM   #66
mpetrides
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Personally I'm delighted that they brought back the mint green color that was first introduced in the square nano. Bluetooth is the ne thing my earlier nanos lacked that I really have a need for--I listen to audio books while hiking.

The last gen nano was great to use as a watch--until it went belly up from the bumps and bruises sustained while wearing it. I literally went through 3 in two years (two purchased, one a warranty replacement), whereas older nanos have lasted years.
mpetrides is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:27 AM   #67
cube
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok View Post
And how many of these people on Twitter have actually seen a 7G nano in person?

My typical reaction to Apple products shown at a Keynote or Special Event is "meh". But then I see the products in person and my opinion changes. I remember having negative reactions to the 3G and 6G nanos, but then I saw them in person and I changed my opinion 180deg.
You don't need to see these in person to recognise them as Japanese Miami Vice Baby Woman Sneaker iPods.
cube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:32 AM   #68
ftaok
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: East Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
You don't need to see these in person to recognise them as Japanese Miami Vice Baby Woman Sneaker iPods.
What the heck does that even mean? Anyways, I'll wait until I see them in person to pass judgement. Doesn't matter anyways, I'm probably not buying one ... perhaps I'll stock up on reduced price 6G's.
__________________
Flickr
ftaok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:24 AM   #69
notjustjay
macrumors 603
 
notjustjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepCalmPeople View Post
It seems almost everybody thinks the new nano is missing one feature that would make it perfect:
And I think you'll find that from a business and marketing standpoint, this is exactly what they were planning to achieve.
__________________
.
notjustjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:10 PM   #70
wacomme
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek View Post
By removing the belt clip they removed the best part about the nano. I don't want an arm band and I dont want a belt or case to put it in while I'm running or working out. Get a last gen nano while you can.
That's what I did. I bought the last gen nano for my wife. Too bad, since I waited to see the new nano. My wife wants to use the nano at the gym. The new one lacks a clip and is too big. I like the bluetooth, but oh well. It's a music player. If I wanted the other stuff I'd be looking at the Touch.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6GenNANO View Post
I agree 1,000,000%

My dream nano would be 6gen form factor with clip, sweat resistant, bluetooth, and with GPS.
.
Yes. That would be wonderful.
wacomme is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:51 PM   #71
Davy.Shalom
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustjay View Post
And I think you'll find that from a business and marketing standpoint, this is exactly what they were planning to achieve.
Exactly. Then they can release the 8th gen nano with "so many new and innovative features." Apple wouldn't release a nano with everything you want, because then you wouldn't buy the next one.
__________________
-Macbook Pro 13" 2.9 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB HD
-Mac Pro 8 core (3 GHz Xeon), 10 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900
-PowerMac G5: 2 x 2.3 GHz, 14 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HD
Davy.Shalom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:19 AM   #72
yly3
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshaker View Post
To be very honest I think the new nano looks like a cheap china made ipod it looks kind of fake and the way they have designed the icons round still icons bluetooth isn't a big deal they should have included it last year than leaving the iPod line untouched with out any upgrades to it.

To be honest i think apple have lost it with the iPod line.
Agreed. I actually thought it was some AllView cheap 13$ mp3 player the first time I saw it.
__________________
Dreaming about an iPod Pro
yly3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:54 AM   #73
decafjava
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Geneva
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
It's very portable, offers a decent storage option (16 GB) and the screen seems perfect to browse songs. Not to mention it's 149$. Isn't that just great? It also has FM radio. I love it.
Well I like it-might actually get it.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:09 AM   #74
Blackberryroid
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: /private/var/vm/
I still prefer the 5th Generation. It is the best.
Blackberryroid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:56 AM   #75
tigress666
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington State
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetrides View Post
Personally I'm delighted that they brought back the mint green color that was first introduced in the square nano. Bluetooth is the ne thing my earlier nanos lacked that I really have a need for--I listen to audio books while hiking.

The last gen nano was great to use as a watch--until it went belly up from the bumps and bruises sustained while wearing it. I literally went through 3 in two years (two purchased, one a warranty replacement), whereas older nanos have lasted years.
Funny mine has lasted two years and it has been pulled off my jeans a few times and dragged (overenthusiastic dog.. it has the scratches from the first time to prove it). Or dropped or even flung. It seems to have weathered all of that fine.
__________________
2010 Macbook Pro, 2007 Macbook, gutted out Gateway (still a PC, only case is original) that needs an OS installed on it, 400 MHz G4, non working Macintosh Performa (I really should chuck that one).
tigress666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS Update isn't Notifying Me And isn't Giving Me Red Badge on Settings App help? Dan50 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 10 Apr 23, 2014 01:34 AM
Safari in iOS 7: great ideas but not great execution. iphnhelp iOS 7 43 Jul 15, 2013 01:46 PM
The great UK nano sim swap thedoofa iPhone 333 Oct 30, 2012 04:39 PM
The great CDN nano sim swap wysiwyg1972 iPhone 24 Sep 20, 2012 01:24 PM
WWDC 2012 Banners: "Where great ideas go on to do great things." MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 236 Jun 8, 2012 01:50 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC