Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:06 AM   #51
hellothere231
macrumors newbie

Probably not gonna get it. It looks a lot like an ipod touch. I have a ipod touch, so i don't need this. Looks like it's straight out of a concept video on youtube though. But why dosen't the ipod nano 7g have a camera? The ipod nano 5g had one (i think). So why not put it on the ipod nano 7g?
hellothere231 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:11 AM   #52
Dark Void
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctony View Post
I've been trimming down my library. But I would still love one of these in a 64 GB flavor to replace my 120 GB iPod classic. The software is really painful to use after having the touch interface.
It's not so bad, click-wheel is nice.
Dark Void is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:36 AM   #53
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
- Where is the camera?
- Where are the 32GB?
- The only acceptable colors are graphite and silver, but dual tone is still ugly, maybe OK in silver.
I don't get the point of having yet another camera. Isn't your smartphone/tablet/camera/dSLR enough? Why would I want a camera, a crappy quality one because of the size of the player, in my music player? Because yes, it's a music player.

I'm pretty happy with 16 GB for everyday use, and consider I have a lossless library. Thing is, I don't usually listen to 1000s of songs everytime.

As for the color, that's really subjective. I still haven't chosen one.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:32 PM   #54
cube
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
I don't get the point of having yet another camera. Isn't your smartphone/tablet/camera/dSLR enough? Why would I want a camera, a crappy quality one because of the size of the player, in my music player? Because yes, it's a music player.

I'm pretty happy with 16 GB for everyday use, and consider I have a lossless library. Thing is, I don't usually listen to 1000s of songs everytime.

As for the color, that's really subjective. I still haven't chosen one.
I have a 16GB 5th gen which has a camera, so the new one is a downgrade.

I would have bought the reduced functionality 6th gen if it had been a storage upgrade, as 16GB is not enough.

If you look around a bit, you will find many people saying the white+pastel iPods are horrible.
cube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:36 PM   #55
Berek
macrumors member

By removing the belt clip they removed the best part about the nano. I don't want an arm band and I dont want a belt or case to put it in while I'm running or working out. Get a last gen nano while you can.
Berek is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:40 PM   #56
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I have a 16GB 5th gen which has a camera, so the new one is a downgrade.

I would have bought the reduced functionality 6th gen if it had been a storage upgrade, as 16GB is not enough.

If you look around a bit, you will find many people saying the white+pastel iPods are horrible.
Of course, if the only factor you consider is the camera, then sure, the new Nano is a downgrade. But apparently you're missing the multitouch screen (which I think is going to deliver a great performance in browsing songs) and bluetooth capability, along with new colors.
As for the color, why should I care about what some people think? It doesn't affect my personal taste at all. I like the new colors.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:57 PM   #57
cube
macrumors G3

Quote:
Of course, if the only factor you consider is the camera, then sure, the new Nano is a downgrade. But apparently you're missing the multitouch screen (which I think is going to deliver a great performance in browsing songs) and bluetooth capability, along with new colors.
As for the color, why should I care about what some people think? It doesn't affect my personal taste at all. I like the new colors.
I don't care about the bigger multitouch screen.

The point about the colour is that you said it is 'subjective', but many people agree on this, although you may not. If many people don't like it, it is objectively a FAIL, as the point is to sell as many as possible.

Previous generations enticed you to collect all colours. And some people will find silver and black boring, so they will get nothing.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:10 PM   #58
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
The point about the colour is that you said it is 'subjective', but many people agree on this, although you may not. If many people don't like it, it is objectively a FAIL, as the point is to sell as many as possible.
Can you specify what you mean by saying "many people"? Have you conducted a study, written a paper or a research on the matter? If so, how come you have done it before the product has even been released?

Also, I stated it is subjective in that everyone is free to like a colour over the others.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:13 PM   #59
cube
macrumors G3

Quote:
Can you specify what you mean by saying "many people"? Have you conducted a study, written a paper or a research on the matter? If so, how come you have done it before the product has even been released?

Also, I stated it is subjective in that everyone is free to like a colour over the others.
Just look on twitter how many people are calling the new iPods "ugly", "horrible", "disgusting", "fail".
cube is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:07 PM   #60
adildacoolset
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFather View Post
Steve would have never allowed this.
And what if he did???
Last edited by adildacoolset; Tomorrow at 09:42 AM. Reason: grammar error
adildacoolset is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:24 PM   #61
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Just look on twitter how many people are calling the new iPods "ugly", "horrible", "disgusting", "fail".
And how many of these people on Twitter have actually seen a 7G nano in person?

My typical reaction to Apple products shown at a Keynote or Special Event is "meh". But then I see the products in person and my opinion changes. I remember having negative reactions to the 3G and 6G nanos, but then I saw them in person and I changed my opinion 180deg.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:38 PM   #62
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a

In summary...

It seems almost everybody thinks the new nano is missing one feature that would make it perfect:
For some it's wi-fi and wireless music downloads from iCloud.
For some it's a bigger capacity.
For some it's a camera.
For some it's the clip from the 6th gen.
For me it's GPS, instead of the crappy and highly inaccurate Nike+ setup.

I think if had all those features it would be essentially a smaller iPod touch but without the ability to install apps.
Sure would be a fantastic workout and running device though.
KeepCalmPeople is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:59 PM   #63
6GenNANO
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek View Post
By removing the belt clip they removed the best part about the nano. I don't want an arm band and I dont want a belt or case to put it in while I'm running or working out. Get a last gen nano while you can.
I agree 1,000,000%

My dream nano would be 6gen form factor with clip, sweat resistant, bluetooth, and with GPS.

However, I have the feeling that Apple is going to release a sport watch with all 6 gen features + bluetooth down the road, and that's why they killed the 6g nano and nano watches now.

Last edited by 6GenNANO; Sep 15, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
6GenNANO is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:49 PM   #64
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
I love how this Nano looks. Once they introduce a camera again, it will be perfect. But this UI is ugly, it would be so much nicer to have one that's less like iOS, and it makes no sense that there's no choice of wallpaper. Somebody should make something like RockBox, since it clearly is capable of doing more than Apple's letting it do. It looks so much better without the clip IMO.
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:39 PM   #65
seong
macrumors 6502a

Every thing is great on the new iPod nano. But..... I WANT MY IWATCH!
It would have been great if Tim popped out of nowhere, saying "But.. there is one more thing...,' *looks at his watch* *tap and hold for two seconds* "Siri, remind me to buy bread at the grocery store.' That could have been SICK!

Regardless of my fantasy, yes, the new nano is great.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:42 PM   #66
mpetrides
macrumors member

Personally I'm delighted that they brought back the mint green color that was first introduced in the square nano. Bluetooth is the ne thing my earlier nanos lacked that I really have a need for--I listen to audio books while hiking.

The last gen nano was great to use as a watch--until it went belly up from the bumps and bruises sustained while wearing it. I literally went through 3 in two years (two purchased, one a warranty replacement), whereas older nanos have lasted years.
mpetrides is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:27 AM   #67
cube
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok View Post
And how many of these people on Twitter have actually seen a 7G nano in person?

My typical reaction to Apple products shown at a Keynote or Special Event is "meh". But then I see the products in person and my opinion changes. I remember having negative reactions to the 3G and 6G nanos, but then I saw them in person and I changed my opinion 180deg.
You don't need to see these in person to recognise them as Japanese Miami Vice Baby Woman Sneaker iPods.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:32 AM   #68
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
You don't need to see these in person to recognise them as Japanese Miami Vice Baby Woman Sneaker iPods.
What the heck does that even mean? Anyways, I'll wait until I see them in person to pass judgement. Doesn't matter anyways, I'm probably not buying one ... perhaps I'll stock up on reduced price 6G's.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:24 AM   #69
notjustjay
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepCalmPeople View Post
It seems almost everybody thinks the new nano is missing one feature that would make it perfect:
And I think you'll find that from a business and marketing standpoint, this is exactly what they were planning to achieve.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:10 PM   #70
wacomme
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek View Post
That's what I did. I bought the last gen nano for my wife. Too bad, since I waited to see the new nano. My wife wants to use the nano at the gym. The new one lacks a clip and is too big. I like the bluetooth, but oh well. It's a music player. If I wanted the other stuff I'd be looking at the Touch.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6GenNANO View Post
I agree 1,000,000%

My dream nano would be 6gen form factor with clip, sweat resistant, bluetooth, and with GPS.
Yes. That would be wonderful.
wacomme is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:51 PM   #71
Davy.Shalom
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustjay View Post
And I think you'll find that from a business and marketing standpoint, this is exactly what they were planning to achieve.
Exactly. Then they can release the 8th gen nano with "so many new and innovative features." Apple wouldn't release a nano with everything you want, because then you wouldn't buy the next one.
Davy.Shalom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:19 AM   #72
yly3
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshaker View Post
To be very honest I think the new nano looks like a cheap china made ipod it looks kind of fake and the way they have designed the icons round still icons bluetooth isn't a big deal they should have included it last year than leaving the iPod line untouched with out any upgrades to it.

To be honest i think apple have lost it with the iPod line.
Agreed. I actually thought it was some AllView cheap 13$ mp3 player the first time I saw it.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:54 AM   #73
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It's very portable, offers a decent storage option (16 GB) and the screen seems perfect to browse songs. Not to mention it's 149$. Isn't that just great? It also has FM radio. I love it.
Well I like it-might actually get it.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:09 AM   #74
Blackberryroid
Banned

I still prefer the 5th Generation. It is the best.
Blackberryroid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:56 AM   #75
tigress666
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetrides View Post
Personally I'm delighted that they brought back the mint green color that was first introduced in the square nano. Bluetooth is the ne thing my earlier nanos lacked that I really have a need for--I listen to audio books while hiking.

The last gen nano was great to use as a watch--until it went belly up from the bumps and bruises sustained while wearing it. I literally went through 3 in two years (two purchased, one a warranty replacement), whereas older nanos have lasted years.
Funny mine has lasted two years and it has been pulled off my jeans a few times and dragged (overenthusiastic dog.. it has the scratches from the first time to prove it). Or dropped or even flung. It seems to have weathered all of that fine.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod