Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:12 AM   #1
rrgjl
macrumors newbie

recover 'missing' disk space

Some weeks ago I installed Linux alongside OS X. Just for fun, because I wanted to try it out. I'm not exactly sure what happened anymore, as it's been a while, but when I wanted to go back to just using OS X, somehow the partition I created for Linux got lost. It was about 20GB, and the partition itself doesn't show up anymore. Because of that I cannot reallocate the space to my primary partition.

I have done a lot of searching, and the fixes I found did nothing for me. There were fixes including recovery software (to retrieve lost partitions and/or files), and there was a fix in which you had to enable 'debugging' mode in disk management. They didn't work, and the latter option did not make the partition show up after choosing 'show all partitions' (or something similar, my OS is in Dutch). The 20GB just seem to have disappeared into thin air (lol), and I kind of need the space seeing the very limited space the Air has anyway.
How can I get the extra 20GB to show up again, and merge it with my main partition?
rrgjl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion